f o u r t e e n

dan sipped on his hot chocolate, watching pj to make sure he wouldn't come over here. "what are you staring at?" phil asked, his blue eyes showing a bit on concern. "oh," dan said, not knowing what to say, "um nothing, i was just spacing out." phil just nodded as he continued to drink his coffee, the caffeine giving him energy for the day. "what were you daydreaming about?"

dan tried to think, he couldn't say he was dreaming about phil, no, so he said the first thing that came into his head, "how love is such a beautiful thing and how some people abuse it just to get what they want. honestly, it's not fair. there are great people who just want to be loved, but all they get is ignored and sometimes they don't even know how to get themselves out of that situation so they can experience what true love is."

"in your opinion, what is true love?" phil asked.

"true love is when you don't want to go to sleep anymore because your reality is so much better. true love is thinking about someone and it immediately brightens your day. true love isn't about sex, it's about just wanting to be with that person all the time, not ever wanting to be apart."

phil sat with his lips slightly parted from shook, his pretty pink lips to match the pink blush formed on his cheeks, "wow dan, that's beautiful."

dan smiled, "i mean it's just my opinion."

"but it sounds so much more than an opinion!" phil exclaimed, "your opinion is beautiful and it sounds much like a fact, because like you said, some people think true love is just all about sex, but it really isn't!"

"have you ever been in love, like true love?" dan asked.

"not with anyone i've dated, i don't even feel like i actually loved them, what about you?" phil replied, eager to hear dan's answer.

"i feel as if i'm falling in love," dan said.

"with who?" phil quietly asked.

"i shouldn't say, that's a question for another day," dan simply said, leaving smiles planted on both boys faces, their hearts and minds racing.