"Roxas-"

"I hate myself."

"Don't."

"But I..."

Riku frowned. "Your mom just doesn't understand."

"I know she doesn't, and that's what makes it worse. First, she wanted a girl, and since I'm a guy, she didn't pay much attention to me," Roxas continued. "When Xion was born, it was like I wasn't even there. Then when she found out I like guys, she treated me worse."

"You can stay here...," Riku told him, not knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry I interrupted you date with Sora," Roxas said with a small laugh.

"This again." Riku rolled his eyes.

"Yeah! Soriku is a great ship," Roxas exclaimed.

Roxas always seem to forget his problems when he was with Riku, and his sister. With Axel too, and he missed the loud redhead.

"Soriku?"

"Your ship name," Roxas said proudly.

"You're so weird." Riku laughed.

Roxas shrugged. Riku noticed more bruises on his arms. He had a few scrapes too. This time, Riku couldn't ignore it. He took Roxas' arm, who immediately pulled it back. Riku grabbed it again, tighter this time.

"What?"

"Roxas, what happened?" Riku asked, his eyes not leaving his arm.

Roxas kept trying to get his arm from Riku's tight grip, but couldn't win against the stronger teen.

"Some idiots decided it was a great idea to start insulting me, and cornered me outside," Roxas answered and looked away.

"And before?" Riku growled, running his fingers over the bruises.

"Before?"

"Yeah, you had some a while ago."

Riku let go of his arm, letting Roxas relax.

"Oh. Yeah," Roxas whispered. "That was my mom."

"Your mom?!" Riku exclaimed angrily, and Roxas sighed.

"This is why I didn't say anything. And I didn't think you noticed."

"Of course I did! You're like a brother to me!" Riku told him.

Roxas laughed. "Thanks. But I always seem to be targeted by homophobic people."

"Cheer up. Just ignore them, they're idiots."

"Right...Riku, I've been thinking that maybe I should talk to Axel again. It hasn't even been long. We may not be back together," Roxas sighed. "maybe he'll still want me as a friend."

Riku shook his head.

"No way he'll stay away from you," Riku told him.

"You think?"

"I know."

"Thanks." Roxas smiled. "You're the best."

"Y-yeah."

Riku then remembered something.

"So, Roxas. About your ship," Riku started, a smirk on his face as he got closer to Roxas. "Can you tell me more?"

Roxas scooted back, but Riku pounced on him.

"S-stop!" Roxas laughed, trying to push Riku away.

Riku continued tickling him until Roxas fell off the couch. Roxas scrambled to get up, and Riku followed him. They ran around for a while before started playing games. Roxas got a message from a girl named Namine, but Roxas ignored it.

Riku noticed, but didn't say anything. Another message was delivered. From his mom.

"You're staying with you father. I'm taking Xion. Goodbye."

Roxas had no more tears to cry. He didn't care what his mother said. He didn't have any hate towards her, but he wasn't happy. Riku thought was it was a good idea to stay close to Roxas.

"What? No way."

"Come on! I'm sure Sora won't mind."

"What's this? He's no longer Akishima?"

"Roxas."

"Alright alright. I'll go."

Riku grinned, and then dragged Roxas to make dinner. They ate while watching T.V. and then went to bed. Roxas got one more message. A positive one this time.

"I'll be back, Roxas. You're my everything now. I love you. Don't ever forget that you're special. It doesn't matter what people think, you're an amazing son. Good night."