Rose

William

I remember Rose, a fiery presence, with her auburn voluminous hair and a teasing giggle, making you wonder if she can read your thoughts. The last time I saw her was when we were young kids, running around with no worries in the world. I loved her, as a friend only. Of course. She is married now, to a wealthy and noble lord, a man she suits very well. She's always deserved the very best. I hope she is happy. Today is the day I reunite with my first love.

"Don't you wonder what she looks like? All grown up and womanly", my brother John teases.

I reply with a smirk on my face, "Well of course, she was always beautiful, wasn't she?"

"We both know you've always had a crush on her, brother," whispers Robert, my younger brother.

"Nonsense, she's married and has always been like a younger sister to me", I laugh nervously.

They chuckle maniacally, "Yes, a younger sister you would love to bed."

Before I could retort back, a white carriage rolls its way to the front of the gate and into the front of the High Garden, where we all await her presence. It is like several hours until the carriage stops to reveal what its passenger. Rose. The sunlight glows across her honey skin, her feline features are revealed under a white and large sunhat. She gazes at my family's faces, until she locks eyes with me and we are stuck in a silent exchange of memories. Rose doesn't look like the young girl I once viewed as a sister. She smirks at me mischievously, ah yes, her familiar signature greeting. Her husband steps out of the carriage and lurks behind her like a hawk.

Robert snickers, "You look quite shocked brother, should you not greet your 'sister'."

Shooting Robert a dirty look, I greet Rose by softly placing a kiss on her delicate fingers that are enveloped in a silky white glove.

I muster up the courage to look at her wild eyes, "My lady Rose, it has been quite some time."

"Yes, it has been Will," she addresses me by my nickname.

It makes me smile, she has not forgotten our friendship. I feel a wave of jealousy as I shake hands with her husband, Lord Edward. A charismatic and loud lad, he always had a way with the ladies. I almost don't want to break his irritating chiseled face. He strides away to greet my brothers and mother.

"Rose."

"Will", she giggles, "Are we playing the name game? Or did you miss me too much?"

I am stunned by her boldness, "You look quite different from the little girl I once played teahouse with."

She winks, "Like you said, we were kids"

"Now you are grown up, a woman, and-"

"Married."

Her tone is filled with venom.

Quickly she masks her dark words, as if she's hiding behind one.

Rose continues with her usual playful words, "Will, could you show me the garden where we used to play, I'd love to see it."

While everyone else walked into the mansion. We make our way over to the backyard, it is summer and the most beautiful red roses fill the garden with life. A grand fountain is placed in the center while a small pool is hidden and cloaked behind a dozen leafy trees.

She smiles. "It's just like how I remember it."

I take a look at the blooming bloody roses and pluck one cautiously from its root. Rose, the name suits her very much. I offer it to her.

Her eyes light up and she happily accepts the gift. "I bet you bring all the ladies flowers."

I chuckle, "No just you, Rose."

She inhales the sweet scent of the flower, "Awe, you do not have any lovers? I imagined a handsome boy like you would have many girls to woo."

Smiling I reply, "I guess I never loved anyone that much", I ask, "Should I get married?"

Her expression darkens, "Marriage is simply a bore."

Rose skitters over to the hidden pool, like a frail deer. I follow through the large trees. The pool is covered with dead leaves and darkened from the dirt.

"No one swims anymore?"

"Last year, Robert almost drowned so we decided not to use it."

A mischievous expression appears on her feline features, "Well, I can swim so there seems to be no problem."

Rose slips gracefully out of her white dress. Her body is absolutely pristine and shaped like a pear. Her breasts are like smooth and delicious round oranges. This dangerous sight leaves me in awe.

I yell in a low voice, "Rose, are you mad?!"

She laughs, "Will, you used to swim with me all the time! Why the sudden change of heart?"

"We were kids! What if anyone sees you?"

"They won't! We will be dressed before you know it!"

She leaps into the dirty pool laughing like a little child. I turn around to storm faraway from this, but my feet remain glued. I want to get into this pool with her. To feel her. To touch her beautiful skin. Preparing to act on my most sinful thoughts, I rush to take off my black suit and jump into the freezing, murky water. I pray to God that no one sees us.

She swims around like a dove, "See I knew you'd cave in, you've never said no to me."

A sudden awareness of her being completely nude distracts me from the icy water. Her pouty rosy lips lure me in like a predator hungry for its prey. The water moves us closer to one another.

She whispers, "Will."

"Rose." I grab her and kiss her. Her lips feel soft and full and taste like strawberries. I run my hands down her yielding body. She is so delicate and warm, I lust for her, it's a thirst that cannot be quenched. A voice in the distant calls out and breaks our kiss, bringing us back to reality.

The voice echo's through the trees. "Rose!"

Scrambling out of the water, Rose slips on her white dress while I only manage to wear my pants before Lord Edward appears from the dark shadows.

"Rose? What is going on here? Why are you wet?"

"Edward..."

Rose squeaks, "Lord Edward I can explain"

"Oh, I am sure you can."

I blurt out, "Rose fell into the pool and she almost drowned, I- I jumped in to save her."

Edward rushes over to hug Rose, "Oh my darling Rose, are you alright?"

She rolls her eyes. "Yes, thanks to Will, I am fine."

"Let's get you inside my love, before you catch a cold."

Lord Edward shoots me a dirty look before returning inside with Rose.