Affair

William

Tonight, my family is hosting a grand party with friends and family. I'll hopefully have the opportunity to speak with Rose in private. We've sinned, I know that. My family would be furious but I do not care whether or not I am punished for this sin. All I care about is holding her once more within my arms. A knock on the door shakes me from my thoughts. I open the door to reveal the murderous gawking Lord Edward.

"Lord Edward, what brings you here? I thought I would see you this evening at the party."

He walks in his hands firmly at his sides. "Yes, but It would be more appropriate to discuss a certain issue in private."

I smile nervously. "You may speak freely my lord."

He blurts out plainly, "Are you in love with my wife?"

Completely shocked by his straightforwardness I ask, "Lord Edward,

I don't quite understand where this is coming from?"

He makes his over to my table, stacked with a bottle of whiskey and tequila, he pours two glasses of whiskey and hands one over to me. The stern is now replaced with a smirk.
"I am a reasonable man William, and I value honesty."

I lie firmly, "My lord I am an old friend of Rose and that is all."

"You see William I cannot quite seem to grasp why on earth would you jump into the pool to save my wife and still have the time to take off your shirt?"

My mouth shuts and I stand there staring at a man who is furious and ready to end my life.

He sneers, "Please stay away from her. She is mine."

"I was overcome with joy when I saw Rose because we've grown up together. I have no ulterior motives with your wife Lord Edward."

I open the door, "If you could kindly leave I would appreciate it and I hope you have a good time tonight at the party."

Lord Edward smirks, "I am glad we understand each other William, now I know I will have a lovely evening thank you."

And with that he leaves.

I will only let Rose go if she can tell me that she is happy.