Chapter 13

Waking up today felt like any other day since my mother's death. It's been six months since the funeral, and a sense of normalcy has returned to my life. Mrs. Anderson has graciously let me stay in her home. She has become like a second mother to me over the past few months. Jason pushed back the release date of his clothing line, because he wanted me to have some space. Aiden has contacted me a few times since the funeral as well, but he's been out of the country for a while on business. I still have no idea where he and I stand. He's been a really great friend to me but, at the same time he gives the impression that he wants more out of our relationship. I could also be misreading the signs he's given me. Sighing I run my hands through my hair which currently resembles a birds nest before deciding to get ready for the day.

After a nice hot shower, I walk downstairs to make myself some breakfast. Mrs. Anderson never really said I had to go back to being a maid, but I still help out around the house. Walking into the kitchen, I spot Jason working on his laptop. His eyes met mine briefly before focusing back on his computer.

"Good morning Jason."

"Good morning Christina, how are you feeling today?"

As I poured milk in a bowl for some cereal, I noticed Jason had stopped typing. I got the feeling he was staring at me or rather my ass, so I turned around. He quickly averted his gaze back to his computer, while I eyed him suspiciously before taking a seat at the table. I continued to stare at him until he couldn't take it anymore.

"Can I help you with something Christina?"

"No."

"Then why are you staring at me?" He looked amused rather than annoyed as he tried to fight back a smile.

"Why were you staring at my ass?"

Jason looked down and hid his face while he laughed to himself. "I was not staring Christina, don't get ahead of yourself now."

I sat back in my seat and crossed my arms, "Jason."

"Okay, you got me," he said raising his hands in defeat. "But you can't expect me not to look when you wear tight fitted yoga pants around the house."

"Okay Jason I get it my ass is perfect, you've said it before."

We both burst out in laughter, and I sigh.

"I'm glad you're smile is slowly but surely coming back. I miss the old Christina."

I smile as his words bring me comfort. I am slowly beginning to feel like myself again, but most of all I miss moments like this with Jason.

"Yeah me too, by the way how is your line coming along?"

"I'm just about done, I was hoping you could come by tonight to get your last fitting for all the dresses." I was shocked that he was all but done. I thought I would get to have a few more nights working with him.

I paused and looked down at my hands. This must have caused Jason to worry because he tried to quickly take back his request.

"I mean you don't have to if you're not ready, there's no rush. I have plenty of time before my next deadline."

"Its fine Jason, I'll be there tonight."

Jason smiled while closing his laptop, "Alright I'll see you later then."

He walked out of the kitchen, as I put my bowl in the sink. As I cleaned up my mess, April walked in.

"Hey Christina."

"Hey April, what's up?"

"Nothing, hey do you have any plans for today?"

I picked up a towel to dry my hands while looking at April with a raised eyebrow.