Chapter 8

When I arrived at the train station, I parked my car and bought my ticket. There's so many things going on with me right now, and I think a trip to the city will help clear my mind. Thankfully Mrs. Anderson pays well, so I have a little extra money to spend while I'm with Stacey. I boarded the train, and took a seat. I brought out my phone to listen to music and play games, when I noticed a man looking at me from the corner of my eye. He had blonde hair and blue eyes, and his suit was fitted to his body. I'm not going lie he was hot, but I thought back to the argument I just had with Jason and it put me back in a sour mood. I immediately break eye contact and focused on my phone again. When I looked to peek up at him again I noticed that he began to make his way over to me. I sat up straight in my seat, as he took a seat next to me.

I made no effort to turn and face him, as I continued playing oven break on my phone.

"Ah I hate that game," he said with an amused smile. I turned to face him and smiled to myself. "I can never seem to get past the infinity level."

"Me too," I say beaming at him. "It feels like it goes on forever sometimes I feel like quitting."

"Exactly," he said staring into my eyes. "I'm Aiden Maxwell by the way," he said extending his hand for me to shake it. I shake his hand and smile at him, "Christina Munoz."

"Nice to meet you, so what's a pretty girl like yourself doing all alone on a Saturday?"

"I'm going to meet a friend of mine who lives in New York."

"You don't live there?"

"I used to but I left for personal reasons, what about you?"

"I live and work in New York; I was just coming back from a business meeting in Jersey."

"Oh that's nice." I text  Stacy letting her know that I'm almost there. "Hey Christina If you don't mind me asking, I couldn't help but notice that you seemed sad are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine I'm just going through some stuff, and my best friend just happens to be away from me so she's going to help me vent." The train stops meaning that we've arrived. I get off the train and Aiden follows behind me. I look around and see Stacy coming in the distance.

"Well it was nice meeting you, my friend's right over there."

"Likewise," he says with a slight smirk. I begin walking in Stacy's direction when he stops me, "Christina before you go here's my card. You can call me if you ever need someone to talk to. I've been told I'm a good listener." If I didn't know any better I would say Mr. Maxwell was interested in me.

I smile and nod my head, "thank you, I'll remember that." Aiden smiles and walks off in the opposite direction.

Stacy runs up to me and hugs me from behind. I let my attention drift from Aiden's back to my friend who is squeezing the life right out of me. "Christina I've missed you."

"I can tell geez I can't breathe." She slowly releases her grip and laughs. "Sorry I guess I don't know my own strength. So anyway who were you talking to?" She looks past me towards the fleeting back of Aiden as he continues to walk away before he turns a corner and is out of our sight.

I pull out the card Aiden gave me and hand it to her. Stacy's eyes go wide, and I begin to freak out, "What's wrong Stacy?"

"Aiden Maxwell, you were talking to Aiden Maxwell!"

"Yes why?"

"Christina he's the son of Preston Maxwell of the Maxwell Models Inc." I give her a blank face, because I really have no clue what she's talking about.