Starbucks Encounter

[A/N: So hey guys, this is my first fanfic!! I know it might be a little slow... But this is the information chapter and I promise it'll get more exciting, please no hate because I'm still confused for what I'm going to do with this story...

This story is copyrighted so you cannot steal any bit of my work and name it as your own. I do not own One Direction or any songs mentioned. I do not own any bands or singers mentioned either.

Ok I hope you enjoy!!(: ]

NARRATOR

Emma woke up Monday morning and looked at the clock. '6:30, well here goes the last few days of high school...' She thought.

She was 18 and her best friend, (who lived next door,) Alicia, always woke up early to get ready for school then came to Emma's house. They lived in a small, kind of poor part of Los Angeles in small houses.

Emma's dad had died when she was 9, and her mom has always been a wreck because of the emotional pain. Emma and her sister, Kate, have tried to comfort their mom but they were emotional too and it didn't always work. Their mom never told them details on how he died, but they never asked.

They weren't great on money either.

Emma was planning on going to college, but in about a year when her family will have more money.

Emma was so close to dropping out of school to help with getting a full-time job, but her mom wouldn't let her. So she got a part time job at Journeys, telling her mom it was the least she could do to help.

Emma got out of bed groggily and went straight to her mirror. She sighed in discontent and picked out an orange Hollister shirt and jean shorts. She put on some black robot earrings with the matching necklace and brushed her light brown, mid-back length, wavy hair.

This was usually the time Alicia came so Emma walked to the door and sure enough Ali was standing there with her usual happy smile on.

Emma was always kind of jealous of her best friend; she had long brown hair with perfect skin, never a blemish or flaw. She had a boyfriend named Jordan while Emma did not. She was skinny and beautiful, while Emma looked at herself as just ok looking...

*EMMA'S POINT OF VIEW*

I welcomed Ali (the nickname I had for Alicia) in, and saw she was wearing a loose fitting blue and purple shirt with white shorts. Her hair was wavy with a white sparkly headband.

We tried to be silent since my mom and Kate were still sleeping. "Hey Em, I heard One Direction were coming to L.A!" S he whispered in a fake excited voice. We weren't exactly fans of 1D, but we didn't hate them. I think I liked them more than she thought but they were still kind of new, but we did agree they were all really cute. Ali's favorite one was Liam, but I didn't really have a favorite, they were all equally hot.

"Yay! We should really be on the search and STALK them!" I said sarcastically. We laughed and finished getting ready for dreaded school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school bus came to the top of our street and we took their seats in the middle of the bus. We always made fun of our bus driver, who's name was Alfred. He had a curvy mustache, so we called him 'Senõr Alfredo'.

School was pretty normal, some girls were obsessing over 1D coming to town at lunch and we laughed at them.

Alicia thought I didn't like them at all, but SECRETLY I liked them a lot... SHH DON'T TELL HER! I don't really know how much she likes them though...

We got home from school and walked our normal walk after homework. First we walk to Starbucks and then we usually walk around the edge of Griffith Park. We turned around when we got to Weatherwood apartments (The extremely rich apartments).

[A/N: I know those places are probably nowhere close to each other but lets pretend! And let's also pretend Weatherwood apartments are real! (;]

Anyways, today when we got to Starbucks I saw 5 extremely hot guys and when we walked through the doors, they all moved their eyes to us at the same time! Their eyes got big and looked back down in their hoods and started whispering.

I elbowed Alicia, "Oh my god Ali, look at those guys!!" She quickly glanced at them not to be too obvious and sighed. "Omg! Well you saw them first, so you can take first pick" and she winked at me. "Are you kidding?? I'm not going to walk up to them!" I was really shy, but Ali wasn't as shy... Yet she still was too shy to go up to them. "So your just going to ruin this and move on?!" If it meant I don't have to walk up to them and possibly embarrass myself? Yup. "I guess so... I would never walk up..." and trailed off mumbling, I did that a lot.

We took our drinks and decided to sit down and drink them today, so we can look at the 5 boys... Hehe mischievous aren't we?

Soon we forgot about the boys and started talking about this girl in our class named Brittany who was a jerk.

I remembered about the mystery boys and peeked over at them, when I saw the one with curly hair looking at me, he lifted his hand for a part wave and I couldn't help but smile, his eyes were gorgeous and his smile was breathtaking.

I looked down, feeling that I was blushing as I looked back at Ali. She was too focused on what she was saying to fully realize though. She looked at me questionably but went on.

I peeked at them again, a few minutes later, and to my surprise the curly haired one took his hood off and was walking over to us!

"Ali... Ali, ALI!!" I tried to get her attention. She looked up from talking and the boy was right next to our table, gazing at me, my heart practically bursting out of my chest.

~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~

[A/N So I'd love to hear what you readers thought! Again, I'm just a beginner, I'll get more comfortable with the story so it'll get better(:

Comment, fan and vote!! (:]