Backstage

After the interview, they asked me if I wanted to go to sound check for their concert tonight. It was a huge arena, and it was shaped like a half-circle with a huge stage. I didn't really pay attention to what it was called, because I knew I would be going to many of their concerts like I already have.

"I'll meet you guys backstage, I have to visit the loo." I told them and when I got to the bathrooms I pulled out my phone. I slid down on the wall as I waited for the line to ring.

It went to voicemail, so I left a message.

"Hey Tony! It's Emma! I really miss talking to you, and I know your probably really busy with your traveling and photography and stuff... I just feel like I'm losing all my friends you know? I mean Ali broke her phone and you are a busy working guy and here I am... Tagging along with 5 lunatics while their on tour and I'm getting absolutely nothing except life experience... Well I guess I should stop this rant on your message!! Um... Call me sometime! Love y-" the voice mailbox cut me off.

I looked at my phone and put it face down on the ground. I rested my head against the wall and shut my eyes. I started thinking about anything and everything.

'What have I gotten myself into? I shouldn't have gone on tour with them. I could be in college right now. With my own mini house and a part-time job. I could actually be moving on in life, but instead I'm stuck driving around in a big tour bus that isn't even mine. I even have a boyfriend. Well it's complicated, but I'm his girlfriend.

I'm not like totally in love with him, I just like him a bunch and have this major crush that could potentially turn into love. But it could also just turn into lust. And I don't want that.' I stopped thinking long enough to hear footsteps.

I opened my eyes, grabbed my phone and stood up. I saw a girl my age, really pretty, with long light brown hair, and with faint red highlights. She glanced at me and gave me a smile.

"Hi... Um... I'm not like mental or anything, it might've looked like it... I just needed some time to think so... Yeah" I awkwardly spit out gesturing to where I was sitting.

The girl chuckled and replied, "No no, I don't think you're mental or anything! Sometimes I just need to think too"

I smiled and thanked her. "Emma Fox, nice to meet you"

She laughed, "I know who you are, you're really great. I'm Sarah Michaels, and I'm glad I ran into you!"

"Yeah really! You're actually one of the few people who might actually understand me!" I laughed.

We talked and joked a bit. We got each others phone numbers and decided we should hang out.

"So are you here for the One Direction concert?" I asked her, although it was a stupid question.

"Yeah, and I feel special to be talking to Harry's girlfriend!"

We laughed and I offered, "Well I can take you to meet them if you want? They love talking to fans!"

"You can do that?!"

~~~~~

I was taking Sarah to meet the boys and we passed Niall at the buffet.

"Niall James Horan what do you think you're doing?!" I yelled and I noticed Sarah stop dead in her tracks. If I hadn't known better I would've thought she just melted inside.

"I'm hungry!!" He yelled, muffled with the food in his mouth.

"You can't just do that Niall!!!" I yelled again. "Come backstage with us, that's where we're headed!"