Chapter 1

Hey. My names Josephine. But everybody who knows me calls me Jo for short. It's not that I don't like my name. It's just a mouthful to yell. Anyways. I'm 18 and I'm from Liverpool. I live with my mum in our huge house. My dad left us when I was 6 and we moved to Liverpool. We've done great on our own. My mum owns a very successful business. She's home when I'm home. It's perfect. My life's always been perfect. Until about five days ago. I got a letter in the mail. It was an invitation to my dad's wedding. I wasn't pleased. Sure I love my dad. I'm daddy's little princess. But it's kind Of hard to be the princess when daddy's not around anymore. My mum said I should go. I didn't exactly want to. But I said I would. It's this weekend. So I'm packing right now. Mum and I went shopping yesterday and we bought a dress. I was spending the summer apparently. And dad's new lady friend has kids as well. Oh joy. I'm an only child. And I love it like that. When my parents divorced. They had had a huge fight and dad let it slip that he apparently didn't love her and never had. Harsh words I know. My mum got pregnant with me before my dad proposed. He said that I was the only reason they stayed together. Until he couldn't do it any longer. So it was official. Mum and dad were no longer married and it was me and my mum against the world. But it's ok. I liked it that way. We had the house to ourselves. And a few housekeepers. We cooked dinner together every night. It was perfect. But as I sit here packing my suitcases. I want to stab someone in the throat. I take my bags out to the front porch and head back to my room to get ready. I throw on galaxy booty shorts a black Nirvana muscle tee and black combat boots. I throw my boob length ginger hair into a messy bun tie a bandana on as a head band and grab my purse. I walk out to the foyer an onto the porch. My mums eyes water "have fun and be good ok. And raise a little hell" she says hugging me I chuckle "I'll do my best" I tell her she nods wiping away her tears "if anything happens. Anything at all. Call me ok. I don't care where you are or what time it is. I'll be there. Promise" she says putting out her pinky I give her a look "mum pinkies don't swear" I said with a Giggle. She laughs shaking her head "right I forgot. My bad" she puts her middle finger out "promise?" She repeats I link my middle finger with hers "promise" I say pulling her in for one last hug "call me when you get there. Alright" I nod. Not trusting myself to talk. I walk down the stairs and get into the car. I take one last look at my mum and our house and say good bye to it for the summer. Then I head off to dad's. He lives in Holmes Chapel now.