"Hey Idiot look at me. Don't think about them and spoil your mood. If you have started to hate them then accept it. Don't fight with feelings." If it is wrong on our part to leave or abandon parents so how can it be right for them to leave us. I thought. It is true parents don't value their kids. Be it in my birth mother's case or mine. Kids are now just status symbol for all.

"Don't start now." I said and looked at Ridhima who was playing with bongos and Tejas accompanied her. "Ridhima, did you like them." I asked. "Yes." She replied.

"Good. We'll play it in night. Because here no one I guess studies all night human anatomy." I said. Arush smiled a little. But here is a man who is going to have sleepless nights. Oh I am going to make his life hell.

It was by noon when we were talking about our old days. "Remember when Saami Anna was caught with play boy." Tejas said.

Me and Arush both laughed so loud. He was 22 and me and Tejas were 12. He had hid it under his bed and when Saami Anna went out of his room their house help and Dodoamma came in to clean his room. But when they tried to clean under the bed there was some weird books. "I still remember Amma was chasing Anna with broom in her hand and he was yelling it's not his." We all laughed. We don't stay far from Tejas so Saami Anna ran all the way to our house. He thought Dodoamma will leave the matter but she followed him in car. Luckily Dad was still in the house. He handled the matter and that day Saami Anna stayed with us. I remember it was a fun night because Dad was laughing so much and Mom was yelling at Dad to stop embarrassing Anna.

"Although his antics are enjoyable I still hate him." Tejas said.

"Why?" I ask

"He says that since I was born 10 years after his birth I was a shock to Amma but she was happy thinking that I would be a girl. And was sad over my birth."

"That's not a bad thing he speaks truth to you." Arush said.

"He told me this when I was 5."

"What?" I said. Sometimes he can be cruel. "But then Amma thrashed him so I was at peace."

We both started to laugh. Suddenly there was knock on the door. "Ambar." Kanwal dadi called me. She came in. "Would 7 by evening be fine as some people wish to meet you." She asked.

"Who wishes to meet me?" I ask her.

"Don't worry dear. It would be just family and few people wish to meet you. Will 7 do?" She asked me. She asked me this to avoid the question.

"It'll do." I said not willing to make her uncomfortable. She left. "You guys stay here." I said to both of them.

Arman's POV

I kept looking at the ring in my room. The ring looked so pale. I wish I could stop time and play with it for it may bring back them whom I loved the most. Now the only aim of my life is to make Ambar capable enough so that she can be my successor. I remember what Dev used to say that inheritance brings only troubles. Once there was a time that I used to spend most of my day with Dev. Now he can't stand looking at me. I kept the ring back in the box. I know the way I have brought Ambar here is wrong in every way but still she is worth doing that. I kept the box back in the cupboard and went out to talk with mother.

As I walk in the corridor I saw mother and Ambar talking over something.

"There is no point I met your son no good came from it." Ambar said.

"But she wants to meet you." Mother said.

"Am I some deity that coming here will give her salvation or enlightenment. She is bitch and she'll die being a bitch." I looked at Ambar in surprise. I didn't knew she uses that kind of language.

"Ambar be respectful she is your Mother's mother." Mother said firmly.

"Mother let it be if she doesn't wishes to meet her." I said because I am afraid what offensive word will she use now.

"I am surprised that even Arman speaks sense. Look Kanwal Daadi matter is she is more guilty than Arman." Ambar said.

"Śāntagoḷisu(Calm down) Ambar, Arush Anna is having a nap. He hasn't slept since he returned from trip."

Ambar then took a deep breath. "I don't wish to meet her. I expect that unlike your son you'll respect my wishes." She said. I looked at her in guilt. She and Tejas left. I looked at my mother. "What was the need to make her convince to meet Raina's mother?" I asked. She looked at me.

"What was your need to bring her here?"
"She is my daughter. My only child. One day she'll own everything that I earned, so to get those things she must know what truly belongs to her."

"Exactly, do you know Arman along with wealth kids even inherit their parents enemies. This is how it works Arman. This will continue. I am just trying to make sure that Ambar may not think that every one is her enemy." She walked out from there. Sometimes I think why I didn't killed myself the minute I came to know Raina is dead. Life seems so pointless.