Chapter 15

Arman's POV

She gets up from the table and walks out. All I asked her what she wants as present and she knocked me out. I'll keep trying. Mother comes in and sits next to me.
"Did she ate anything?" She asked me.
"No."I replied. "You try to feed her mother."
"Arman. She's your responsibility. I really don't want to act as a third party. She is your daughter make sure she remains healthy or I can bet if anything happens to her Mira will rip your heart out."
"Fine. I'll try only one time and if some dish comes flying out please come to save me." I said and went towards her room. Along with me I took her breakfast pancakes, chocolate syrup and milk. Her room is open and she is sitting on her bed with her legs folded and her head resting on her fist. To be formal with her I knock on the door. She looks up. "I don't want anything Arman. I don't want to have breakfast."
"I don't want you to faint again. Eat something Ambar to rip me to shreds you need energy." She looked at me with a smile. She took the plate and started to eat. At least she'll not starve.

"You're right Arman. But I want to rip off your dignity and strength to shreds. What ever harm you did to me I'll do it to you and more." I smiled at what she said. I have harmed myself in so many ways that I can't think that how will she harm me. I kept my hand on her head and went out to bring something else.I gave her an envelope. She looked at me suspiciously. She opened it carefully and stared at it. It is her college form. "I won't interfere in your decision of what you want to do in life. I just don't want you to miss anything to" I stopped as she looked at me weirdly. "You don't get to interfere in this." She said.

There was no point in staying at home. I went out from the house and sat in the garden. I kept thinking of what she said. She regrets that I am her father. My mother regrets that I am her son and I regret that I live to see everyone around hates me. How things could have been different if Raina would have lived. I could had a chance for redemption. Then Dev and Mira would not have been her 'parents'. I know that Ambar will hate me all her life. She will never forgive or come in terms with me but still I am happy and I'll live the rest of my life just by looking at her.

Dev's POV

Should I kill myself? I was again screwed up by a friend and this time my children were involved. I never saw Arush this angry. I worked so hard to keep my family away from troubles and again I failed miserably. Arush and Tejas left for the airport. Mira and Srinidhi have gone along with them to drop them to the airport. It is raining so bad here. Similar to that night.

Flashback

I woke up to the sound of door being banged. "Dev wake up. I am in labor. Wake up." I rush to open the door. Raina was standing there all tensed and worried. "So early. Its 7th month how can it happen Raina."

"Shut up Idiot. Take me to hospital. I am dying here."

"What should I do?" I asked her.

"Take me to hospital but don't forget to take your kid. Go get Arush first I'll bring my files till then. You're useless." She said this and then went into her room. My hands and legs are cold now. Even Mira is at hospital for emergency surgery. I ran and picked Arush from his crib and then put him in car. I run back into the house and help Raina to come out. I drive as fast as I can to the hospital. Everything should be fine. Nothing should go wrong. They both should be fine. I pray as hard as I can. We reach the hospital and then I first bring Raina out of the car. The staff helps us. Its raining so hard the lightning woke up Arush. "It is not good. Its happening so early its not good." She said in fear. Ever since her divorce I feel awkward around her. Even when I was bringing her here even holding her hand for support gave me chills what anyone saw us and misunderstood but i keep thinking these things . I know that she doesn't considers me at fault but I feel so guilty.
"Don't worry." I said to her. "Rahul will take care of you. Believe me Raina, once you will see your kid you'll find peace. There won't be any troubles left for you."

Flashback over

If I would have known what I was saying would turn into something this sinister I would have maintained that awkward silence. As soon as Raina gave birth they found her B.P way too low which killed her. She hates me. She hates me to the point where she even doesn't want to listen to me.

Srinidhi's POV

We have dropped the kids to the airport. At the last moment booking they got a connecting flight which would take long time to travel. Mira has been crying in Ambar's room. I had not thought earlier that Mira would be able to love her so much. I just hope that they may find peace and that bastard should die soon. We reach Mira's home. She walks into her bedroom. I called Saami to inform him that I'll come home today. I walk into the kitchen and find Dev drinking water rapidly. He is gulping down water from a bottle. He then keeps the bottle on the table and sits on the sofa. What has he done now? I look into the kitchen and then what I looked at blows my mind out. It's a half empty bottle of medicines. I run to call Mira.

"Mira, Dev has eaten half of the medicines from this bottle." I said to her.

"What?" She yelled and runs to the living room but we can't find Dev there. We then run to their bedroom where Dev is sitting on his armchair. "Dev you ate these?" Mira asked and Dev replied with a nod. Me and Mira then catch him by his arms and force him into the toilet. Mira then hits on Dev's stomach and then he opens his mouth. She forced her finger in his mouth which is flushing of the stomach I guess and it's gross. Why did she married him? Dev then starts to throw up. There are tiny white dots coming out of his mouth. Thank God.

We all sit in the bedroom. Mira is starring at Dev constantly and Dev is starring at the wall. I rest my head on my hands when I heard a thud. Mira slapped Dev hard. She looks pissed off.
"Do that again and I am going to personally slaughter you." She again hits him on face and bursts into tears. She hugs him and cries and so does Dev. "Never dare to do that. I can't live without you."
"I am sorry." He said. Mira sniffed and tried to control herself. "Let's take you to hospital first."

Arush's POV

We flied for 18 hours in connecting flight. I'll never fly again. We both land at Delhi Airport in the morning. We took taxi from the airport and headed straight for Ranayal house. We have two bags which are filled with gifts for Ambar. Even Ambar's best friend Lisa came to meet us. She was sad that she didn't got to say goodbye to her.
We reach Ranayal house from the airport in 45 minutes. The climate here is a little pleasant as it has rained over here. I have not yet opened the package given to me by Mom. Me and Tejas looked at Ranayal house. How many people live here that they have to build such a big house. Our bungalow in Bangalore has 5 bedrooms and three of them are occupied and one is kept as a guestroom. The other one Dad uses as store room. "Arush!" I turn around as some one calls my name. Its Arman Ranayal. He came out of the house. Along with him are two male servants. "Welcome to Delhi after 16 years." He said with a smile. I shook my head in a yes. "Take the bags from the boys." Arman ordered them. "No." I said. "We will carry it ourselves." He looked disappointed but still he agreed with us. Tejas was so happy when I told him that he is coming with me. He too wanted to meet her. They both were together since nursery. We follow Arman into the. As we were walking Tejas hits me on side from his elbow. "Is he Arman Ranayal?" He asked in a lower voice. I nod in yes. We both then wait for Ambar in their living area. Boy it is so big. "Come with me. You'll feel good." I heard voice of a lady. We have arrived so early that I can bet Ambar is still in night suit. It's an elderly woman who is holding Ambar's hand while Ambar is still rubbing her eyes. "It better be good." Ambar said. She opened her eyes and looked at us. Her sleepy eyes became wide as she looked at us. "Happy Birthday Chinna." Me and Tejas said in union. "ARUSH." She yelled and jumped on me. I hold her with all my might as I start to fall back but I felt Tejas's hand on my back.