Chapter 2

Dev's POV.
I didn't slept properly today. My whole body is paining. Someone has paid for my mistake very heavily and this thing will always eat me. I went down to see what was happening. Mira was serving breakfast to Ambar and Arush. "Good morning dad." Ambar said to me.
"Good morning dear." Whole time during the breakfast Mira was looking at Ambar. I never thought that she'll loose her strength so easily.
"Mom. Do you know Bhai bought two tops for me from his pocket money. He bought some t-shirts for himself. We then went to my friend's house and
"And there Ambar was staring and smiling at someone the whole time." Arush interrupted Ambar in between. Wait a minute. She was staring and smiling at someone.
Now Ambar was glaring daggers at Arush. In a moment of span they started their chase. This is how I always want my house to be. My son and my daughter should always stay happy. "Dev." Mira called me.
"Hmm." I looked towards Mira. This little conversation has lightened her mood. "I'll take Ambar with me to the library. She want some classics to read."
"Fine." Just then there was a ring on the door. The maid Nilu went to open the door but Arush opened it because he ran past her. "Dad someone wants to meet you." Arush called me from the door. I went to the door to see who has come in morning to meet me but to only my great surprise what I saw horrified me. It was him. He has gained some weight in 15 years. There were wrinkles on his face. The man standing on my door was the one to whom I hated the most in my life. Arman Ranyal. He was looking at my daughter. The way he looked at her was making me to kill him. He has lost all rights on her. I tried my best to control my rage but I was fuming inside. "Mr. Mehra. Nice to meet you after such a long time." He said to me in a very formal style. "Nice to meet you too Mr. Ranyal after such a long time."

Arman's POV.

Yesterday I met Mira in the hospital. I was there to get some tablets for gastric bleeding. I never thought that I'll meet her after such a long time but she left from there as soon as she saw me. If she is here then my child is also with her. These thoughts started to consume my mind. I got her details from the hospital because I have given funds to it. She stays in a very posh area of Bangalore. I was making hopes. This time I'll meet her. In morning the first thing I did was to find Mira's house. By 9.30 I was standing in front of her door. With all my belief that she is here I gave a ring on the door to my surprise a boy opened the door. "Yes. Do you want to meet someone?" He asked me. "Yes. I want to meet Dev Mehra but who are you?"
"I am his son ."
"You are Arush." I cant believe this. Last time I saw him he was a toddler.
"You know me?" He asked me.
"Yes."
"Wait a minute then I'll call dad." He called his father and then a voice came from his back.
"Bhai with whom are you talking so much?" It was girl standing behind him on a distance. I can't believe it. She looks so much like her. God did listened to me finally. It's my daughter. My daughter. But then behind her was standing Dev. With all my guts I said "Mr. Mehra. Nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you too Mr. Ranyal after such a long time."
He looked at my daughter and came in front of her as if he is guarding him from me. "Arush, Ambar go in your room. I and your mother have to talk with him privately. Mr. Ranyal please come in" Ambar that it is. They named my daughter Ambar. It's such a pretty and different name. He welcomed me in his house in a very civilized manner. After a moment Mira came from what it looks like their dinning area. The kids left the room very obediently.
"What do you want Arman?" Mira asked me with hate filled in her voice. It is very clear that they hate me but I regret my actions.
"Mira I know the truth. I now know that Dev was saying truth. I want to meet my daughter."
"She is not your daughter." Mira yelled at me. "She is our daughter."
"Mira I know I have made mistakes but at least give me a chance." I justified myself.
"It's very late Arman. Ambar has grown up. She'll never accept the truth or come in terms with it. And for your kind information it was a sin not a mistake."
"I know." Tears were falling down from my eyes. "But please I want my daughter. Please give me my daughter."
"So what you know the truth now. Nothing changes." Mira yelled at me again.
"It'll be good if you leave now Arman. Every relation you had with us is over now." Mira said to me. They both were not ready to forgive me.
I am leaving for now but I'll get what is mine.