The Race For Love. Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

"So what was he really doing here Alyssa," Trevon asked breaking away from the kiss.

"I don't know, he just showed up and I didn't want to talk or see him, so I asked him to leave."

"You sure about that?"

"I'm positive."

"You wouldn't lie to me right," he said gripping my wrist tightly and banging me against the wall.

"Trevon don't do this," I said feeling a little disoriented from my head hitting the wall.

"Do what?"

"Nothing, I'm going to go fix something to eat," I said walking away into the kitchen. I hated when he got like that but most of the time I just tried to move away from it and do something else. He had a temper and I didn't want to cross him and his temper's path because usually I was left with unwanted marks that I had to hide.

I pulled up into the driveway. It was time to hear her wrath. She had called me this morning, but I didn't answer because it was way to early for her bullshit. I was sure that she had found out about the divorce when she texted me saying that 'We need to talk immediately'. I went and knocked on the door, Wess answered.

"What you doing here man," I said giving my brother a hug.

"Man nothing, just came down to visit for a couple of days," he said. What the hell you doin' here ?"

"Visiting." He laughed.

"So you ready to face mom? You know she is about to bitch like hell, so I might leave. I don't feel like hearing that shit." I laughed.

"So you're gone leave me hanging just like that?"

"Hell yea," he stated. " So what happened?"

"It just didn't work out, we had been thinking about it for about a year now and then she slept with Will and it was over."

"What? Will! Your best friend Will?"

"Yup. Sketchy, ain't it?"

"Hell Yea. Sketchy, dirty, grimey, and everything else," he said.

"Wess, who is at the door," I heard my mom yell. A smirk appeared on Wess's face.

"Oh it's nobody but Jake," he replied.

"What? Why didn't you let me know," she said walking into view. Wess laughed, he was clearly enjoying this. Usually it was him that get yelled and bitched at. He was the one that mom did not usually approve of, but now it was me.

"Jake come in and sit down. We need to talk," my mom said.

"About what?"

"You know what," she said. I followed her into the living room where she sat down. I sat across from her. "So is there anything you would like to tell me?" I hated how she thought that we had to confess everything to her.

"Nope," I said popping the p and leaning back in my chair. She rolled her eyes.

"Why did you get a divorce?"

"It wasn't working out," I simply stated.

"What happened? I mean what led to this divorce?"

"We didn't love each other, we never really did."

"So why did you marry her?"

"Trying to make you and dad happy, which was a big-ass mistake."

"You need to get her back, I don't know how you are going to do it, but you need to make it happen."

"Get who back?"

"Tiffany, who do you think?"

"Bullshit, mom I don't want to be with her and she feels the same way," I told her.

"Jake you-" I cut her off.

"I don't want Tiffany, we are never getting back together, if you don't have anything else to talk to me about besides Tiff and I and my divorce then I guess I better get going." I rose from the couch.

"Between you and your brother. I don't know which one of you is going to cause me to lose my mind first," she said.

"Maybe it's you that's causing youself to lose your mind," I said before leaving. I don't know why she acted like that. She was bad off but then she got even worse after Dad died; she was pathetic, always had been. I pulled out the driveway and headed to Alyssa's house.