5. Seeking a Plus One

Wayo's POV

Is it really him? That is impossible. But... He is the only one with names that starts with a P.

And....

Oh my gosh... he's there yesterday. And... today too.

---

I can't sleep. I kept turning around on my bed, restless. I keep thinking about what Ming said to me before we go home.

"Ai' Yo. Are you going alone this weekend?"

"Going where?"

"The exhibition... duh. You haven't been bugging me to go with you anymore."

I stunned in realisation. Shiaa... I totally forgot about it. I've been thinking about this P guy that I actually forgotten about the exhibition.

"Can't you go with me? I really don't want to go alone." I pout, flashing my glistening eyes to him.

"No... stop that. You can go alone, Yo. You are a big boy now."

I smack his hand that tries to pat my head. Sulking. He knows that I'm not comfortable in a new surroundings if I'm not with anyone I know. Well... I never feel comfortable alone, in a public area. This happen ever since my mom passed away.

I mean... it's not like I'm too depending or stuff, I just need the sense of security. Only by knowing that someone is with me can ensure me of that.

"Hey... you already suspect who P is, right... and to be honest, I feel it's him too. How about... you ask him to go with you?"

"WHAT?"

I already shared to Ming about my suspicious on who P is. And he agrees with me. Ming is the one that saw him with the pink milk bottle in his hand and told me yesterday.

Yesterday... I denied any possibilities. But today... I'm not so sure.

"Why not? You already know him. You will feel safe and secure. Plus, you can ask why he do what he do."

"But how?" I mumble back.

Ming suggests me to leave him another note asking him to accompany me to the exhibition. Threaten him by saying that I will throw away his pink milk if he doesn't want to.

No... the pink milk have done nothing wrong. How can I throw away my baby pink milk, my dose, my solace, my...

Shia... I'm getting side track here.

Should I really ask him to go with me then? Staring blankly at my ceiling, I gathered up my courage and get up from bed. Switching on my study lamp, I take out my writing pad and starts to write...

Tomorrow is Friday and I need to go to the exhibition on Sunday. I don't want to go alone so I really wish for someone to come with me. I need to ask this P tomorrow. And I don't care who.

Really Yo?

----------

Unknown POV

He is frowning again. And blushing. Alternating between the two frequently. My baby is so cute... I can't wait for the moment when I can squish those marshmallows on his face.

I catch him looking at me. Quite a few time actually. He would blush deliciously before whispering to the tall jerk and would frown hearing the respond from the later.

Are they talking about me? I catch him looking at me again. His turn away when his gaze meets mine, blushing hard. I chuckled seeing his reaction. And that earn me a smack on my head. Make it two. One from each devil I call friend.

"Stop ogling at him, jerk. He is not comfortable with it." I heard Kitty say.

I turn my body, facing them that is sitting across the table.

"If you're so keen to eye-rape him in public, why don't you just meet him."

"Beam, yesterday is the first time I met him face to face. That few seconds feels like heaven and hell to me. My heart was beating like crazy being that close to him. His scent makes me crazy. I can't...Ughh..."

I bang my head to the table a couple of time before turning my cheek, letting it rest on the table. I look at the pink milk beside me, stroking its side slowly, as if I'm stroking my baby.

"The great player is smitten~~"

Beam is singing out loud before grunting in pain. I think Kit might have been smacking his head, hard. Thanks, Kitty.

"You should go know. The recess period is almost over." Kit tap on my shoulder.

I let out a slow sigh, standing slowly, walking out of the canteen. I turn back, looking in, then I saw him staring at me again, before blushing away.

Did he finally notice my existence? Did he feel the same pull to me as I'm towards him?

I don't know when it starts. This pull I have for him. The indescribable feeling, lingering between heaven and hell. Maybe when I saw him crouching down the drain, saving a black stray cat. Or maybe that one time when he looks like an angel, painting outdoor, with the sun framing him. Or maybe...

I didn't realize I have reach his classroom. I sneak in, preparing to leave his pink milk. Then I saw a note on his table. No... not a note. An envelope. Addressing to me. Addressing P.

----------

Wayo's POV

No notes for me today. The pink milk is there on my table, but no notes. Did he get my letter? Is he too shock with it that he forgot to left his note?

I miss his note. My heart soared a little when I saw that pink milk on my table after I return from recess. But it sank to the ground when I can see no note accompanying it.

I rest my face on the table, ignoring the lesson. I stare at the pink concoction. I didn't drink it. I can't bear to. What if he refuses to meet me? What if this will be the last bottle of pink milk that he ever gives to me? Did I make the right decision following Ming's suggestion?

I tilt the bottle a bit, staring at the gold bottle cap. '96'.

What if he is waiting for the right time? Did I ruin his plan then?

----------

Dear P,

Can I invite you to an exhibition this Sunday? I really need someone to come with me. Please~

If not... I'm not going to accept any pink milk from you anymore.

YO