11. The Other Guardian...

He had been watching over little Wayo for so long. Ever since his mentor, Madam Arya, Wayo's mother passed away. She asks him to look after her son, to take care of him, to love him, on behalf of her. She was afraid that his husband would be too busy for their only son.

Master Daen, the father, is a very busy businessman. But despite his busyness, he never even once neglected Wayo. He can see how that little boy was happy and content with his father. He then decided that he doesn't need to interfere. He will fulfil his promise from afar.

He saw how little Wayo grows into a charming young man. His baby fats still exist, especially on his cheeks, thus making him appears more on the cute side than handsome.

The moment Wayo decide to pursue his studies in art, he was so happy. Perhaps he can meet with this boy again. He hasn't got a chance to meet him since the boy was seven, running around his garden when Madam Arya invite him home for tea.

He has been claimed as a child genius in the field of oil painting. Under the guidance and support of his mentor, he has gotten the opportunity to study abroad at such young age.

When he finally come back, his mentor already succumbs to her sickness. During their final meet, his mentor asks him to promise her that he will take care of little Wayo.

He has been trying to keep his promise ever since. He had tried to meet with Wayo after the funeral but the boy was crying hard in his father's embrace, making it inconvenient for him to do so.

He settled all his business abroad, open up a studio here in Thailand and get a part time job as a guest teacher at the boy's choice of school, teaching art for extracurricular class.

They finally meet when Wayo enrolled there. He was so happy meeting him again but the boy doesn't remember him. But... he seems content with knowing that the boy is happy. He enjoys spending their time together, even though they are in a class full of students.

He was the one who submitted Wayo's artwork to the BArt committee. He has noticed that over the past two years the boy enrolled in art major, not once have he enters any competitions.

This was in contrast with his mother. He had been told during his mentor's time there in school, she would enter all competitions available and will proceed to win every single time.

He decided to give the boy a push. He thought that perhaps the boy was shy and lacking in confidence. Little that he knows that Wayo have no interest in joining any competition as he wasn't inclined to make art his main priority.

He remembers when he saw Wayo cried at the canteen, after the boy was informed about him being selected for BArt. He almost heads toward the boy, asking why, only to witness the boy sudden change in mood, in rage with his friend.

He asked Wayo what have happened during their class that evening. Wayo casually say he doesn't really want to enters the competition, but will do his best for it. When the boy was asked why he was enraged with his best friend, Ming, at the canteen before, no reply was given, only a pinkish blush tinting his cheeks.

He has always thought Wayo to be his little brother. Someone so cute, so adorably fragile that he feels the need to care with caution. But seeing that pinkish tint stir his heart to an unknown territory.

Over the next few days he would observe the boy, thinking about his feeling. He was fast to realized that he might have taken a liking to this young boy.

He doesn't know if Wayo would agree to a same sex relationship, but he is determined to get closer to him. Perhaps, along the way, he can make Wayo feel the same as him.

He got his hand on a ticket to the rare rose exhibition that he has heard from Wayo. He knows that Wayo plan to visit the exhibition, in hope to get some inspiration for BArt. The ticket was all sold out, but with his charm and name in certain field, he easily obtains it.

He had planned to 'coincidentally' meet Wayo at the exhibition. Perhaps they can get a chance to be together as he heard how Wayo whine about having no one to go with, as Ming refuse to go with the boy. His heart soared to the sky, thinking about this possibility.

Who would have known, that day would be the day his newly budding romance falls apart. He was running late that day and he witnessed Wayo with another guy, a senior student from his school, holding hands in front of the exhibition entrance.

He didn't know what is their relationship, but he can see how Wayo smile shyly towards the senior, blushing his cheeks away, entering the exhibition together.

He spends the whole day drinking at the bar after that, mulling over his fate. He blamed himself for not taking action sooner and have to let his love go.

"Hey... cheer up, handsome. You are too dashing to be drinking your sorrow here."

The bartender approached him with another bottle of beer. Another student from his school.

"Does the school know you work here?"

He can see how the bartender gasp in horror, backing away.

"Don't worry, I won't tell the faculty. Just get me some more beer."

He can see how the bartender eyed him warily, gathering few bottles of beer into an iced filled bucket.

"I'm not sure if you are the teacher or something... but... cheer up na. Keep on fighting. Life is not that bad."

The bartender pushed the bucket to the heart broken man.

"Even if your love has passed by?"

The bartender tapped his fingers on the counter twice before leaning toward him.

"If he died, let him go in peace. If he is not, go get him back. If you can't, wish him well."

The bartender imparted his wisdom before turned away to serve another customer. He wallowed over his beer thinking about it before making up his mind that he will chase his love.

However, another incident breaks his heart further. He witnessed how Wayo was claimed by a certain senior that morning and later, he found the boy in that same senior arms, heading towards the sick bay.

He, who have been preparing himself to fight for Wayo's love, suddenly feel underwhelmed over this act of love. He silently follows the couple and proceed to heard all the exchange between the two.

"I was too late, wasn't I?"

He lamented about it over and over again, still undecided, between letting his love go or wishing for their happiness.

He saw how the boy glow, basking in all the attention given by the senior, during recess. All he could think about his how beautiful the boy looks and how painful his heart is.

"Excuse me, P'. Can I ask for a favour?"

He jolts back to reality, turning around and see the object of his desire standing at the door. He glances toward the clock, noticing it is time for their class.

A few other students start to enter. He approaches the boy slowly.

"What is it, Wayo? How can I help you? Is it about BArt?"

Wayo chuckle nervously, darting his eyes outside the door.

"No, P'. My... friend want to come and sit for today. So... if you may, P', can you give him permission? Just for today."

He nods in approval, gaining a sigh of relief from the boy. Wayo head outside, pulling in someone.

"P'... this is my... friend, P' Pha. P' Pha... this is my teacher...

P' Forth."