XI.III : Dad Might

━━━━━━━✦✗✦━━━━━━━

I saw Dad open the door. He seems tired and stressed from something.

"Welcome back home, Dad~!"

"Heh, nice to see you again, (Y/N)."

Dad said to me as he walked across the hallway, closing the door behind him as he left. He transformed back into his true self. He went up towards me and gave me a pat on the head.

"You were just injured a couple of hours ago.. and now look at you," Dad said to me worringly.

"All it took was some good-quality rest, Dad!" I stretched my arms out.

And then I noticed a white cast hanging down on one of Dad's skeleton arms. He must be hurt.

"So, how's your arm?" I ask him as I pointed my fingers to his cast.

"The arm's seriously injured. I think I'm not gonna be able to use it for a period of time.." He said.

"I'd thought you'd say that, Dad. Come on, you should get some grub after all that hard work you did.."

"Seems pretty good, (Y/N)."

"Yup, and I whipped up your favorite too! It's the (Y/N) specialty~!"

"Sounds interesting. Well, we'll have dinner once I'm out of this cast and you're changed into your clothes."

I looked down as I saw myself, still wearing the hero costume from earlier. And I didn't even notice that I was wearing this until now!

"Very funny," I sarcastically laughed at him, "The deal is on, I guess."

*Minutes Later*

We were already in the dining room, having dinner. The television was turned on so we could see what was happening while we were eating.

Dad was taking his bite on his food as I sat there, trying to switch channels from the tv with the remote.

"Eat up, (Y/N) sweetie," He said, "Your food can't eat itself, you know."

"Sheez.. it's everywhere, Dad," I said.

Every time I would change the channel, it would always be about either the USJ Incident or the All Might Teacher crisis. I sat back and continued eating, giving up on it.

"So.. how's life?" I tried starting up a conversation, while eating.

"Life's good," He said, "About you?"

"I'm fine.. fine as always!" I smiled and I continued talking to him, "Isn't today a bit crazy? And it's just the second day of school, Dad!"

"Heck if I know that. It was all going to plan until the League of Villains showed up out of nowhere. And then there was you.." He paused silently.

I stopped eating as I looked closely at him. He stopped for a moment. Then he looked at me. He looked at me differently.. then he coughed.

"Yeah, yeah.. (Y/N). Maybe I was a little too selfish and protective.."

"And~?" I playfully said back.

"And a terrible school teacher to everyone in Class 1-A and to you.."

"And~?" I said again, teasing him.

"And misunderstanding you for any ridiculous reasons so far.."

"And~?" I said once again.

"And for being a horrible father.."

"Hey, hey wait!" I exclaimed, "I didn't know you would go this far, Dad!"

He looked down, as we lost eye contact from each other.

"You're not that of a bad father!" I said as I stared at him, "I'm just glad there's someone in this world who cares for me so much.. thank you."

"I don't know, (Y/N). Lately, I've been too full of myself that I didn't notice that you needed me the most. I wasn't there to understand how you feel and I felt like I was pushing you away from your hopes and dreams.."

Eventually he looked up and showed his smile dearly and I smiled back.

"But look at you now, (Y/N). Back in the USJ, you've proved to me that you can stand on your own. You're so fearless, like a ture hero should be, sweetie. You defeated the villain when I wasn't able to stand up!"

I giggle at what he said and I could notice that he's simply out of words.

"Well.. I.. umm.. How do I say this?"

"Apology accepted.." I interrupted him as I stood up from my chair and gave him one enormous hug, "..To the Best Dad Might out there!"

"Thank you for understanding."

"It's no big deal," I giggles letting him go from the hug, "Besides.. you apologize too much, Dad!"

"Don't remind me, (Y/N).." He said.

I chuckled to myself as we continued to eat our dinner as we watched the television. Today was indeed crazy but I think the next few days will be even crazier than I'd expect!

"Oh yes! The show's finally starting!" I chirped as I focused onto the tv.

"We should better find out what happens to 'All Might' in this episode!" He gave me a slight wink that made me laugh even harder.

"Ha ha ha! You're the greatest~!"

━━━━━━━✦✗✦━━━━━━━