II.III : Mightmares

━━━━━━━✦✗✦━━━━━━━

(A/N: While I was typing out the title of this chapter, it was originally gonna be "Nightmares" but the "N" is replaced. So.. "Mightmares" anyone?)

━━━━━━━✦✗✦━━━━━━━

*Some Long Time Ago*

I was trapped. Trapped in a universe of chaos. I didn't know what to do. I just couldn't take the pain inside of me. It was too dangerous.. too risky.

Where am I? Where's Dad? A lot of emotional stress was disintegrating my mind. I held my breath tightly.

"Why.. All Might's little goody two shoes.. It's about time we meet!"

"Where's Daddy?! Where is he?! What did you do to him..?!"

"Haha. Little Miss Yagi.. you're too sweet. Maybe you'll be a bit more sweeter if you had no..."

He made a quick attack. I had nowhere to run. So I held myself dearly as it neared me. I gave away all of my anger, pain and stress to him.

And I could hear a powerful thud. But it wasn't from him, it came from me. I opened my eyes to see myself unharmed and somehow.. energized. This is it! I was finally using my Quirk at its strongest level. I felt good.

"My power.. You want this?! Take it!"

I aimed my fullest potential to the Villain. And boom.. it became white. The next thing I knew, I watched myself lie over onto a hospital bed. And that kicked me in menacingly..

*Back to Present*

I quickly woke up and shrugged myself out of bed. I looked around my dark bedroom as I gave out a sigh. A tear flowed my face as I reached out.

This was definitely a nightmare I would never forget..

I got off my bed and headed out to the hallway. It was still 3am, and the area was filled with silence. I then made my way through the kitchen.

As I entered in, I have already decided to make myself some hot chocolate. I clicked off the kettle and embraced its creamy, wafty scent. I sat down again, wondering about my thoughts.

I glared down at my hand, that intertwined the holder of my warm mug. Then strange memories started to come back at me. I shook my head.

My Quirk. It's strong for now but I'm still scared whether if it's suddenly going to disappear or whatever. I wasn't paranoid. I'm not that overprotective of myself. I was just downright afraid. What happens if my Quirk is gone in one blow hit?

I sipped my cup of coco as I clenched my right fist on the table. It's not maintained enough.. I need to train. I can't become a hero if my abilities aren't powerful enough to handle..

"..Tough sleep, (Y/N)?"

I turned my back to surprisingly see my Dad enter the kitchen doorway. He starts to sit on the table.

"..I guess so. Want some hot coco?"

As I poured the hot chocolate onto another mug, I sighed tiredly.

"..Is this about your Quirk?"

How did he read my mind? Was it the expression on my face? Or was it the way I chose my words?

"Yes. I'm just scared."

"(Y/N), I know how you feel about this," he went on, "And I know that it isn't as easy as we thought it'll be.. Your powers are extremely powerful and it must be kept away from the hands of evil. Who knows.."

"But.. what happens if it's all wrong. What happens if everything I've hoped for has gone away also? What if all my hard work was for nothing?"

"Sweetie.."

"I can't think straight anymore. I don't want to be a weakling! I don't want my powers to fade! Will I ever become a hero? Like.. you?"

I broke into a small cry. However I felt a pair of warm arms embrace me. I held back my tears. I felt hopeless.

"Young (Y/N).. There are many things I cannot explain to you yet.. but at another time. Sweetie, you're very strong.. You just don't know it yet. You'll become a hero because I know for myself that you're worthy for it. For now, leave your emotions aside.. step up tall and conquer.."

More tears came out. I smiled happily as I hugged Dad back in response.

"Thanks, Dad.."

━━━━━━━✦✗✦━━━━━━━