Chapter 3

Alright, it's my turn again. It's me Leonard. Miss me? Of course, you did. So, let's back up back to the beginning of the day. Probably around the time Gabriella was waking up, I was on the phone with the superintendent of Ravenswood School of Fine Arts. I had been trying to figure out the secret identity of Helix Double, and I had tracked him to the city of Slowsilver. I was going to go into deep cover with a (mostly) fake name at a popular school and try to figure out if anyone at the school had connections with Helix Double. One weakness of a hero is that they always have someone that they are attached to. A lover, a best friend, a relative, something like that. I already knew he was an alien, so he more than likely had a friend or a lover he was attached to. He was really good at throwing me off his trail. It was a small thread amongst many. What if he was't as young as he looked? Why would he go to some random prestigious academy I just happen apon? Why not public school? This is what doesn't keep me up at night.

    Answer: I had spent many of my years as a villain chasing him, but I finally managed to keep on his trail, and I ended up in Slowsilver City. My lair was in Fenros City, not that far from Slowsilver. If I knew anything about Helix, it was that he likes to show off, so he would go to a very prestigious school. I used my connections, and found Ravenswood Academy. I knew a fellow villain that had went to the school previously, The Conductor, and I asked for his help and got the information I needed. That leads to the begining of this, calling the superintendent just to make sure everything was finalized and I could start school.

    "Uh huh... okay... okay... let me get a pen... okay, I wrote it down... okay... Good!... You have a nice day also!" I said, and hung up. I was good to go. I turned on my TV, and flipped to the news station. The weather forecast was on, and it looked to be a good week.

    "And now to Slowsilver City Square, where there is new development on a new statue," the anchorman said.

    "Thanks Jim. We all know him... we all love him... his name is.... Helix Double! Yes, people, Helix Double. Last week, we found from Helix Double himself that the first city he lived in was Slowsilver.  Amazing! The mayor himself shook hands with Helix Double on that day, and nominated that a statue would be built in Helix Double's honor, here in the city square. Today is the unveiling of the statue, for those who wish to come see it," The reporter said. The station then flipped to a clip of the mayor and Helix shaking hands. I shut off the TV.

    "I spent ALL of this time, and he just gives away his location?!?! AND they built a statue for him!?! No, no, no, no, NO, I will not accept this," I thought, then said, "I have a statue to destroy." I gathered up a Pringle can, some gasoline, and some trinitrotoluene powder. I put my villain costume on, and then grabbed my bag of city clothing. I then grabbed a grappling hook, climbing gear, a pack of my knives, a bookbag of other things I needed, and started heading to Slowsliver Square. I felt like Batman or Spiderman, swinging from the buildings, jumping from roof to roof. It was a short trip, about twenty minutes of swinging like a bullet from place, and I finally made it to the edge of Slowsilver City. I then jumped on the roof of a bus, and rode the rest of the way to the Square. Once I arrived, I switched into the city clothing I brought with, went into the crowd of people surrounding the statue which had a curtain over it, and blended in. The crowd was loud, everyone trying to talk over each other. The mayor came up and tapped on the mic.

    "Quiet down, quiet down. Welcome citizens, to this momentous occasion! I am very proud to unveil this lifelike statue of the hero of Slowsilver City, Helix Double!" He said, and pulled the curtain on the statue, and everyone started clapping. The statue was Helix in a superhero pose (oh boy) with a double helix behind him (why, just why). As people surrounded the statue, every few seconds, I took a handful of the TNT powder, a small amount of water from a bottle I bought, and smeared it on the statue, until I covered most of the bottom of the statue with the powder (the stature was taller than I had planned). I knew that I had to wait for a minute or two for the powder to dry on the statue, so I just stood looking at the statue. People better get a good look, because this statue is about to be history. I then grabbed a lighter, and was about ready to light my Pringle can filled with gasoline (kids, don't do this at home) when I realized I had to clear the civilians.