Chapter 12

Wazz up my peoples! It's HotPlayz579! Welcome back to my channel! No not really, it is just me, Leonard again. So you may wonder, why was I with Gabby for a science project? I mean, I practically sweared I would keep away from her. So what changed? Plot convenience? Lazy editing? Now you may think, the teacher assigned the two of us together. And I'm here to tell you, no, that is not what happened. Now let us rewind a few days from my visit at Gabby's house, let's say... Thursday? I'm pretty sure it was Thursday. 

    I guess you could say it started like any other school day, but to be honest, I would say it was an abnormal day. I woke up an hour earlier than I was supposed to, tried to fall back asleep but managed falling out of my loft bed. Now, if you don't know what a loft bed it, it is like a bunk bed without the bottom bunk. I have it like that because I would say my bedroom is the smallest room in my lair, and it's good for having a little space under my bed to put things. Now you are probably thinking, wait a minute, since you have a secret lair, shouldn't you have a huge bedroom or something like that? I would tell you no, I shouldn't, and my reasoning would be because I use the other rooms for my villain projects, storage, planning, working out, my personal library, etc. And I would also tell you, you honestly only need to sleep in a bedroom. So yeah, legit reasoning. Now you may think, what about a dresser? Or a closet? Where are your clothes? And I would ask: Why do you care so much? Why are you asking so many questions? Then I would tell you I also have a room for my clothing. I have to admit, I am a man of fashion. Nothing in comparison to a gay man, but close enough. And no that wasn't a homophobic remark.

    Any who.... where was I? Oh yeah, I fell out of my loft bed. Well, let me tell you it hurt, and jarred me awake enough to tell my brain that I was going to be up for the rest of the day. It also knocked the breath out of me, and it took a few moments for me to get off of the floor. I then went on with my morning, making some cereal for my breakfast (off brand cinnamon toast crunch), finishing some homework (Villains still need to look towards the future), and throwing darts (at a poster of Helix Double). Then it was time to go to school. Time to hitch a ride. So time for some more hypothetical questions. You may wonder, since you are eighteen but an orphan, do you not have a license? Well, no, I actually have a license. Well Leonard, do you have a car? Yes, yes I do have a car. She is a true beauty, a nice, practically new, 1960 Dodge Challenger. She is orange with a black roof and a black stripe down the middle. I got her from a nice millionaire for breaking into the Pentagon and kidnapping some DoD (Department of Defense) dude. I made one of the rooms in my lair into a garage (I got to do some recreational destruction and destroyed an entire outer wall), 'acquired' some garage things like tools, an air pump, extra tires, etc. I didn't take her to school because I didn't want her to get hurt or scratched by some hooligan. My car stays inside most of the time, but I take her on a cruise occasionally. I actually don't know much about cars, so I'm not one of those weirdos that love their cars more than an actual person. 

    So anyways, I went to the public bus station, took it to the outskirts of Slowsilver, then climbed into the bed of a truck heading into the center of Slowsilver, hopped off, and walked to Ravenswood Academy. I checked myself into the school, went and got the school breakfast (Yes, I know I already ate breakfast. I'm a hungry boy, okay?), and then went to my first period class. My first period class was History with Mrs. Bellefleur. Mrs. Bellefleur is in her sixties but probably could pass for forty. She had blonde hair with the occasional gray hair, a slightly plump body, piercing blue eyes, and glasses. Today her hair was in a tight bun, and her face was solemn, showing its years. I would ask her what was bothering her, but the bell rung and once it rings, she expects absolute silence.

    "The ends justify the means. Most people attribute this quote to Niccolo Machiavelli, the Italian Renaissance diplomat. The Italian Renaissance also known as Rinascimento, was the early period when Italy was the center of the Renaissance which then spread across Europe," she said. She then went on talking about the Renaissance. I paid attention mostly, and the class went rather quickly. Then came my chemistry class. I got into my seat which was next to Gabby, got out my notebook, and a blank leaf of paper.