Chapter 7

Well that was probably not what you expected. I know I didn't expect it. I wasn't one for saving people from things. Unless it could kill people and make me look like a maniac, then no. I'm a villain, but I'm no monster. The only person I want six feet deep is Helix Double, but other than that, I get civilians out of my way. I was really planning on going my own way. Not like I've seen stuff like this a hundred times before. I've seen purses stolen, prostitutes being sold off, gang beatings. The city at noon and night is probably one of the worst places to be. But I don't know why I decided to save her. How dare I, right? My first thought should have been to save her, probably to save her... faster. I could have been a hero. Save her from that experience that changed her life forever, and maybe I could redeem my sins. Start a new life saving people. I didn't though. She may think I am a hero, but I let it happen for a short bit before I stepped in. I am no hero. I am NO hero. I am NO HERO. But I did save her...

   Maybe it was because she was good looking. I have a thing for cute girls, and they all love a heroic man. Maybe it was because I just felt heroic for a moment. For a small moment I may have understood why heroes want to be heroes. I think it was most likely that she was a lot like me mum and sis. Yes I didn't know Gabby that well, but she reminded me of them. My mum was a gymnast and even went to the Olympics for a year. She was fierce and independant, no one scared her. My sister was always trying to be a friend to everyone, even the meanest of people. She saw the good and ignored the bad, all because she thought she could change people. I lost my family, and knowing these men, once they finished getting all the pleasure they wanted from Gabby, they would dispose of her, or sell her to some pimp. I would not let her family loose her like I lost my family. Not a nice life to live. 

Let me fill in the gaps Gabby can't. I was on my way to the orphanage. I had went to a pizza joint, bought a nice huge pizza. I though I would treat the kids to something nice, I had not gotten them a lot of good food recently, but money had been tight. I needed to talk to my old friend Miss. Elder anyway. I was headed there when I saw Gabby. 

    "Let's see, three men, one helpless girl... I can attack from that roof..." I thought, putting down the pizza. I went into a tight alley, jumped from one wall to the next (like Mario wall jumping), and made it to the top. I stood near the ledge of the roof, looking down on the three men.

    "First man, mid-thirties. Looks like a gun in his left pocket. Probably a knife up his sleeve. Seems to be the alpha of this group. Second man, slightly older. Maybe forty. Knife scabbard attached to his leg with a knife. Third man; in his late twenties. Seems like the lookout. No noticeable weapon or weapons visible. Well, maybe no weapon..." I thought, and leaned forward slightly. I nearly lost balance, and kicked a stone off the roof, and I watched it in slow motion as it hit the ground.

    "What was that?" the lookout said.

    "SHIT. My cover has been blown," I thought.

    "I don't know, go check it out Jonny," the alpha said.

    "Yea boss," Jonny said, and started climbing up the fire escape. Before he arrived, I had already jumped from the roof I was on to the roof across from it.

    "Nothing up here boss," Jonny said.

    "Time to take out the trash," I thought. Man, what is wrong with me. Why would I think of a cheesy quip like that?

    "Who are you?" Jonny said seeing me.

    "Shit shit shit," I thought. I jumped quickly across.

    "There is someone up here," Jonny said.

    "Watch out...!" the second man yelled as I tackled Jonny to the roof. I then punched him hard and threw him aside, hoping he was knocked out.