Chapter 5

"Teachers, sorry to interrupt your classes but we need a student to report to the office. Mr. Leonard Arthurson, please report to the office, Mr. Leonard Arthurson," I heard the intercom say, calling me out.

    "Great, thanks to my loud mouth and my defensive actions, I have to get an earful from the principal," I thought, then I sighed, and got out of the classroom I was in, and went to the office. In the office, there was Mr. Melsbach in an argument with a female person that I guessed was the principal.

    "THAT ISN'T ENOUGH EVIDENCE?!?! Mrs. Ambrosone, this is not the first time that your son Tristen has broken school rules! AND it is not the first time he has attacked a student for chatting with Miss. Estrella!" Mr. Melsbach said exasperated and red in the face.

    "Now is not the time Vincent, we can discuss this later," Mrs. Ambrosone said.

    "Fine, fine! My name isn't Vincent, it is Vinzenz! You Americans and butchering names! Pest auf Sie!" he muttered angrily, and stomped out of the room.

    "Sorry about that Leonard. He never was a big fan of my son. Now, please, come with me to my office," she said, and walked off.

    "Today is just not my day, is it?" I thought to myself. I followed her to her office. She had a decent sized office, nicely decorated, chill atmosphere. She had a few pictures on her walls of her and her family. Even that girl Gabby was in a few of them. There was a good handful of pictures with Tristen and Gabby together, Tristen with a smug smile, and Gabby with a fake, almost uncomfortable smile.

    "Please, sit down Leonard," she told me indicating toward a chair, which I sat in.

    "Before we start, I just wanted to say that I didn't know Tristen was your son, and if I knew, I probably wouldn't have done what I did," I told her. Well that was one huge lie, because as smug as that bastard was, I would do it twenty times more.

    "Thank you for that, though it was unnecessary. Please, tell me what happened from the top," she said.

    "Well, I was having a casual conversation with his girlfriend, not knowing she was his girlfriend. She had told me that I could come to her for help. After she left, I was approached by Tristen, being over protective of his girlfriend. He threatened me, and because I felt intimidated, I tried to back away. When he wouldn't let me, I hit him," I said. So what if I lied? I was saving Tristen's ass. Keep your friends close and enemies closer. I was not one bit intimidated, and I know I didn't hit him first.

    "Thank you for telling the truth. You will receive punishment, and I'll make sure to call your parents and tell them what happened. Before you leave school today, come to my office and I'll tell you what is going to happen as of punishment. Take this note to your teacher explaining your tardiness, and have a nice day," Mrs. Ambrosone said, and wrote me a note. She handed it to me, ushered me out of her office, and shut the door.

    "How polite," I thought sarcastically, then walked out of the office. The rest of the day from that moment on was pretty uneventful. I went through my classes without any event, and avoided Tristen at any time I could. Finally, the last bell rang. I think Helix fractured some of my bones during our fight, because I was miserably sore for the whole day, practically limping at some points. It'll heal in the next few days. Hopefully. I went to my locker to put all the books and other items that I got from my classes, when Marie walked up to me.

    "Hi babe, give me a kiss," she said, then started making out with me.

    "What the fuck are you doing!?! You said I wouldn't notice you!" I exclaimed, shoving her off of me.