Chapter 10

Leonardo is present in these events but does not know the extent of what is happening:

    "Boss, we have a problem..." Ilya Sokolov said urgently. Ilya was a soldier. Not a military soldier, no no no. Far too malicious. He was a soldier of one particular crime organization. In this organization there was six ranks. He started as an associate. He indirectly worked with the organization but didn't have any power. He wanted to move up. He went into the bar, asking around. Found answers. Robbed some stores, killed a person, proved his worth. He then had been brought in. He thought they were going to initiate him. Instead, they locked him up. Took him out for a daily beating. Asked him the same questions. Who did he work for? What was his actual name? Where has he worked in the past? You never knew who you could trust these days. For his final test, they drowned him. Shoved him in a small crowded box. Chained his arms and legs. And then the box filled with water. He panicked and panicked. The water went over his head. He held his breath as long as he could. Then he gasped, letting the water flow into his lungs. Yet his lungs didn't fill with water completely. And he breathed water. He sat in the dark breathing water.

    "So, this is what death is," He thought to himself. He sat in the water for five minutes, and they pulled him out. The experience of meeting air was painful. He could feel his lungs trying to push out the water, and feel the fresh air course through his body. To him, it felt much like how it felt to be ripped from the womb. Then they asked the same questions. They told him that if he didn't tell the truth, they would drown him again. He did not want to go in that water again, so he told them with as much sincerity as he could, the same answers he had before. He worked for no one unless he was hired. His name was Ilya Sokolov. He worked for many different crime gangs, too many to list. He had hoped that they believed him, and they did. He then was initiated. He then became a soldier, the next rank up. His job now was to keep guard at the docks. That's it. Keep guard. It was a normal shift. A perfectly normal shift. It was going to go easy. 

    Then Likho showed up. Or that's what Ilya called him. He was ruthless, and no matter what him and the other soldiers tried to do, he brought misfortune upon them, a hammmer onto a nail. That's why Ilya called him Likho, the Russian spirit of misfortune. He struck quick and fast. He didn't kill anyone, but he sure was deadly enough. His knives flew from his hands, striking arms, legs. He was a blur of shadows and despair. He knocked everyone out cold, except Ilya. He stunned him first and knocked him to the ground. Ilya could have gotten back up, but he was smart. He acted like he was knocked out. At first, he thought it was a cowardly move, but as he heard the screams of his fellow soldiers, he knew he did the right thing. This creature, this demon, had passed the security bots, somehow, and then came for the soldiers. He took the cargo. Ilya didn't know what was in the crate, but he knew it was important. This had to go directly to the big boss. Once he was sure Likho was gone, he went back to the place he was initiated. He went straight to his assigned Caporegime. He told the Caporegime what happened, and he set up a meeting with the Underboss. Ilya then spoke with the underboss, who sent him to the Boss. And this is where he was now, talking to the boss.

    "What has happened?" the boss asked calmly.

    "The important cargo boss..." Ilya said nervously.

    "What about it?" The boss asked.

    "It was stolen boss. By some shadow-like figure boss," Ilya said.

    "Pardon? Did you say that it was stolen?" the boss said icily.

    "Yyyes..." Ilya said with his voice quivering. The boss pulled out a pistol, aimed at him, and shot. Ilya jumped, and felt the bullet wiz by his ear, barley nicking it and hitting the wall with a thud.

    "Where are the rest of your soldiers?" The boss asked.

    "Oh, they are not mine boss. I'm a soldier myself. They were all knocked out. A lot of them probably won't be able to walk for a while. They are still at the dock sir," Ilya said.

    "Hmm. You seem unharmed. How is that so?" the boss asked.

    "Well boss, I was smart you see. He attacked me first and knocked me to the ground. I would have fought back but it felt like the smart thing to do. You got to keep an eye on yourself if you know what I mean," Ilya said.

    "Hmm. A coward ay? But a smart one at least. I like you. You said you were a soldier, right? Well, I'm promoting you. You are now one of my Caporegime," the boss said.

    "Thhank you, boss... thank you so much," Ilya said, kneeling in front of the boss.

    "You're welcome. Now get out of my sight," the boss said, and Ilya left. The boss then sat there pondering. Who could this mysterious shadow man be? Could his operations be in danger? Or was it some random villain that happened upon the cargo? The boss highly doubted that. Someone was on his scent, and he needed to find out quick. His empire could fall just as fast as he built it, and his maniacal plan would be discovered. The information about the contents of that crate had to have been leaked somehow. That meant that there was a mole in their ranks. Oh, how he hated being thwarted. There was a saying about how a cat could look at a king, but he was both king and cat. He would find this mole and terminate it. Then he will deal with the loose ends.

     "Consigliere! Come into my office!" the boss yelled. The Consigliere was the boss's advisor. He had the responsibility of advising the boss, of course, along with the additional responsibility of representing the boss in important meetings when the boss himself couldn't make it.

    "What is it that you need boss?" the Consigliere asked.

    "I need extra background checks on everyone in this organization. Do a complete and thorough scan. I believe we have a mole and I intend to find the mole," the boss said. The Consigliere nodded and walked out. The boss then sat back and relaxed. He knew that he would win in the end.

Author's Note:

Hey guys!  Ten chapters huh? How wonderfuL! :) Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and feedback! Thank You So Much!