Realization

Natsu's POV

Lucy pushed me from the guild library. Then she ran around me and out the doors. Happy flew over to me.

"Why did Lucy run away?" He asks hovering by me.

"Dunno, but I'm going to find out!" I say determined.

I start to take off and Happy goes to get another fish.

I burst out of the guild hall and look around frantically for Lucy.

"Yo, Lucy! Luuucy!" I yell.

I catch a glimpse of her hair as it disappears through a crowd of people.

"Lucy! Wait up!" I call after her.

I catch her scent, it was sweet- I could smell it all day- and follow her. She weaves her way through people and disappears through alley ways.

"I have to catch up to her, but how?"

Lucy's POV

When I heard Natsu call my name I panicked and took off. I knew it was probably pointless, but I couldn't face him!

>.<

I find an old cloak strewn on the ground of an alley, so I pick it up and throw it over myself in attempts to hide my scent.

I glance behind me and take off again. I race through alley's, my black boots hitting the ground. I hit a dead end and turn on my heel and take off.

But I run right into Natsu. He stumbled back a few steps as I collided with him. He grabbed my arms so I was pulled with him. He regained his balance and pulled me up to keep me from tumbling over.

"Why are you running?!" He asks.

I turn my head so he can't see my face. "What do I say?!" I panic.

"Luce, what's wrong." He questions.

"It's about the stone." I manage.

"What about the stone?" He tries to look at my face.

"It's no big deal!" I snap.

Natsu frowns. "You wouldn't run if it weren't a big deal Lucy." He makes a point.

I squeeze my eyes shut.

I turn my head back to him, my eyes hidden on the shadows of my bangs.

"It will only complicate things." I mutter.

Memories of him and Lisanna flood my mind. She was his childhood crush, that wasn't something you just forget. Even for Natsu.

She is my friend, I can't just take the guy she loves from her!

"Luce, you gotta tell me so I can help you." He says gently.

Tears spill from my eyes and I hug him, crying into his chest.

"I don't know what to do Natsu." I whisper.

Suddenly he pulls the dirty cloak off of me. "How 'bout I take you home. Then tell me tomorrow okay?" He grins.

I smile through my tears. I wipe at them. "Thanks Natsu." I let out a small laugh.

~*~ At Lucy's Apartment~*~

Natsu sits on my floor cross-legged. I am laying back on my bed, my arm resting on my forehead.

"You aren't gonna die, are ya?" Natsu suddenly asks.

"Huh?" I sit up.

"From the stone." He adds.

"Oh, no. It's not that." I assure him.

He stands up and walks over to stand in front of me. He looks down at me from where I sit and he folds his arms. He lowers his face to be level with mine.

It's also really close. A slight blush colors my cheeks.

"Then, what is it?!" I bursts out.

"It, it's-" I take a deep breath.

"I'm really about to do this... I'm sorry Lisanna..."

"The stone reads your heart and soul and it tells you what it truly wants." I rush.

Natsu's eyes stay still, and then widen with realization.

"You said... My name..."