35: Ending (2)

Jungkook's POV

Resting my eyes, I fell forward without a single thought.

It'll all be over. No more pain, no more suffering, no more struggling—I'll be free.

Everyone will be better off without me. Even..

Yuna.

As if on cue, my hand gets caught onto something, and my eyes fluttered open to see Yuna looking down at me with a heartbroken expression. She was shaking—yet without leaving my gaze, she uttered the words that I've been secretly been wanting to hear:

"Don't. Don't die Jeon Jungkook!!"

Her tears roll down onto my face as I shake my head in denial.

"Hajima! Let me go."

She should already hate me, so why is she here? Why is she crying? She must be crying because of me right?

Please Yuna, you need to let me go before I hurt you. Jebal.

I don't want to hurt you anymore.

"I don't want to!" She grasps my hands tighter as I felt a tingling sensation in my nose. Trembling my lips, I failed to hold back the tears that were now streaming down my face.

"Wae? Waeyo?!"

There should be no reason for you to save the person who has made you suffer so much. The person who has made you cry so much. So why..?

"It's because I love you!!" Her cry rang into my ears as she continued. "I love you and I can't risk losing you."

I was dumbfounded. You love me? Ha! I can't believe it.

"You're lying! That text you sent said it all!" She attempts to pull me up, but she lost her strength and collapsed against the rock.

"You're the one to talk! Lying to me and hiding how you really feel! And over a text? You want to give your life up over a text?" She scolds me in a worried tone.

"Don't you ever give your life up because of me! If you think dying will solve everything, it won't. It'll ruin the whole situation entirely. It'll hurt me entirely!"

"That text.. I would never say that. It was sent by Jung Eunbi."

Ah, the irony. No wonder it sounded like her.

That was when I noticed that Yuna's wrists were marked red along following the pale complexion of her face.

They.. did this to her?!

"I was happy when you asked me where I was. This bracelet isn't cheap—I value it so much because it reminds me of you. And I want to see you every day. I want to be with you every day. So please-"

Our hands were slipping from each other, I took one final look at Yuna.

"Don't die." I lost my grip on her hand and started falling.

"JUNGKOOK!!"

-

Yuna's POV

I witnessed him fall out of my grasp with my own eyes. Am I seriously weak? I killed him! He died! My tears started pouring out of my eyes. I'm so sorry Jungkook. I'm sorry eomma. I wasn't able to protect him because instead I..I lost him.

I hit myself multiple times—although my skin was red, I felt numb to the core. I can't do anything. I'm useless. My soulmate was just killed by the hand of their own soulmate.

"It's all my fault." I cried. "I wasn't able to save you in time."

"If only I escaped from Jung Eunbi quicker—I would've told you everything. I would've told you that meeting you changed my whole life. I loved and cherished all the memories we've made together. I would've told you that no matter what you say to me, I would never leave you. I would've told you that I loved you."

I narrowed my gaze to the ground as my tears fell onto the rocks.

That was when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. Someone was hugging me. Tensing up out of shock, my knees were practically falling when I heard the voice that I never thought I would ever hear again.

"Mianhae, Yuna. I didn't want to leave, but I didn't want to hurt you like I did with my parents. I was afraid that I would kill you like how I did with my parents."

Jungkook is.. alive?

I turned around to see him unharmed, and I couldn't help but leap forward and wrap my arms around him once more. I couldn't believe it. He had scratches all over, and his hands had cuts, but he was here. He was breathing.

I didn't want to let him go—no.

I won't let him go.

"But I understand now—your feelings and the value of life." He pulls back and caresses my cheek with an endearing look in his eyes. "So please, don't leave me. I've had these feelings for a while, and I want to face it with confidence this time."

"I will never leave you. Never again." I replied promptly.

"If you try to leave, I promise I'll never let you go." His voice softens as he beams a smile. One that I have never seen before.

"Yuna," His forehead touches mine as he stares into my eyes. "I love you."

Shutting his eyes, he leans in and his lips touch mine.

And before I knew it, I didn't have anymore dreams of Jungkook ever again.

-fin

I'm so happy to be finished with my first yukook fanfiction! I'm sorry if there were some really cringy parts or if I made sentences that sound weird or any typos. I'm also happy that you all supported this story till the end, whoever read up to here haha. I'll probably edit this story later on in the future or make a better version of it (hopefully). I enjoy writing and I hope to get better at it. I might make another yukook fanfiction soon (?) and it's going to be more of a rom com. So watch out for that haha. Thank you so much :DD