29: The surprise

Yuna's POV

Today is the day where I'm going to go somewhere with Jungkook. I mean, I usually go places with him, but on the weekend? I was contemplating on what I should wear because I don't know where we're going.

I decided to wear [insert picture on top] with jeans and some casual shoes. It was 1:30 pm and I was waiting outside. I saw Jungkook jogging to my house in a distance. "Am I late?"

"Right on time." As we start walking to the bus stop, I finally ask him, "Where are we going?" He looks at me and smiles. "To the amusement park!" I was internally screaming when I heard that.

I have a major fear of heights. And the thing is, I've never told him that I was afraid of heights. I should tell him before it's too late. "Jungkook, I need to tell you that I-"

"The bus is here! We need to run so we can catch it!" he grabs my hand and starts running to the bus. We got in the bus, unfortunately, and we were already on our way there. Just great.

I mean, I could just tell him there, so we don't have to go on any rides. We could just look around while eating some snacks. But it'll just ruin the fun.. Maybe I'll just not go on the not so high ones.

"Where is the amusement park at?" I ask. "Stop six" I think my heart dropped when I heard that. That's the next stop; the stop where I'll have to go head to head with my fear.

-

"Here we are!" he says brightly. We head inside after getting stamps on our hands. "Where should we go first?" I look briefly around and I didn't want to go on any of them. "Ooh, that really high one over there looks fun, let's go there first." he says pointing.

I look at the one he was pointing at and I already felt my hands sweating. Adrenaline was pouring on me. He was already dragging me to the ride. The line was somewhat long, but it was long enough to make me breathe normally again.

When we were eventually first in line, my heart started to race again. Inhale and exhale. Inhale and exhale. The ride was coming closer, which means we get to go right after. I can't do this.

"Jungkook" he looks at me. "Hm?" I get lost into his eyes for a few moments. Snap out of it! There's a ride that's gonna kill you soon, and you're just standing here! "I.. am afr-"

"TIME FOR THE NEXT RIDERS!" Someone says in the megaphone. "Well, that's us! And we're on the first seats!" No no no this is not happening. Roller coasters are one thing, and first seats are another.

"JUNGKOOK NO" I yell, but the person talking in the megaphone speaks louder.

"WE WILL GO AROUND AND SECURE YOUR SEATBELTS FOR YOU"

Jungkook turns around. "Did you say something?" Yes, yes I did. It was me pleading to get out of here.

"..No, I didn't." Even though I clearly tried to tell you for three times already, no I didn't.

We get on the first seats and people go around and secure everyone's seatbelts. This is my first time going on the first seats. But then again, this is my first time going on a roller coaster in ages.

"How about we have a challenge" Noooo, you're lucky I'm still even here.

"What is it?" He makes an evil smile.

"Whoever holds their arms up the longest is the winner."

'I ACCEPT' is what I wish I could say. Not really.

"Sure" I already want to just speed home.

"ENJOY THE RIDE!" The person talking in the megaphone says as we immediately go down the roller coaster.

Jungkook and I were holding our arms in the air, but I didn't feel safe. I felt like I needed to hold onto something. I grabbed the nearest thing and shut my eyes. I felt wind hitting my face, and I felt dizzy even though I was closing my eyes.

I could feel the ride going super high, sideways, and going back down. Before I knew it, it was over. "THANK YOU FOR RIDING HERE, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY" I open my eyes slowly to see that I was holding Jungkook's hand.

"..Did I hold your hand the whole ride..?" he nods as I feel myself turn red. It's not a big deal right? We held hands before, so why am I being like this? Our seatbelts were unbuckled as we came out to head to another ride.

-A few hours later

I somehow survived this place. Maybe it was because I felt assertive since Jungkook was with me. There were times where I was on the verge of tears, but I didn't want to make Jungkook worry.

We were heading to go eat since we haven't ate since breakfast. We decided to get some hamburgers, some churros, and some water. "This is so much fun, we should come here another time to finish the rest of the rides." he says, taking a bite of his hamburger. We were done with 1/4 of the rides here so far.

"Haha.. yeah." Right after I go home, I'm going to tell him that I am afraid of heights and we'll never come here ever again. Case closed. We finished eating and went straight to this ride that faces you downward as you fall down.

Here we go again.

-A few hours later

We've already finished 1/2 of the rides and Jungkook asks me for one last ride before we go; the Ferris wheel. It was getting late, and the amusement park was closing soon. We might as well go since we're already here.

I agreed to go, and we went towards the Ferris wheel. We arrived, went in early since there weren't many people, and someone closes the door as we slowly move up.

We both were worn out, Jungkook was still smiling, I managed to smile over these awful rides, and it is now finally sunset and we're sitting in a Ferris wheel before we go home. It wasn't too bad, I'll admit.

I feel like.. if I went with someone else here, I would leave no doubt. But with Jungkook.. everything is just different. But usually I go with him to hang out after school so it shouldn't be any different.. right?

As we get higher, I start to get anxious, but with the view up here, I was at ease. "Yuna." he looks at me worriedly. "Did you have fun?" Did I have fun? Honestly, thinking about it, I did have fun, but at the same time I feel a pang of guilt.

I really want to tell him that I have my fear of heights, but seeing that he enjoys being here, I don't want to anymore. I did enjoy being with him here and I did have fun, but I was always thinking about how I didn't want to be here. I should've tried to have fun with him and not have those thoughts.

I loved his smile the whole time here because it made me feel like I could completely forget about the rides. But.. that's in general as well. When I see him smile, I forget about the people around us and just stare at him, feeling myself smiling back at him.

"I had fun. Why do you ask?" he sighs of which looks like relief. Relieved of what?

"Nothing. Just wondering haha." When we get to the very top, he says, "Close your eyes."

"Waeyo?" he smirks. "Just do it." I reluctantly close my eyes, and I feel something on my wrist. "You can open you eyes now." My eyes flutter open and I see a bracelet. And it looks familiar. Is it.. no..

"Is this from the markets we went to before?" he shakes his head. "I can't accept this! This bracelet was expensive! I'll need to pay you back. Don't you know I'm not worth spending money on?"

"It's called a gift, Yuna." he takes my hand, and looks deeply into my eyes. For a moment I thought he was staring at my lips. For a moment I thought he was getting closer to me.

And for a moment I thought.. this was something that wouldn't end.