26: Resolution (2)

Jungkook's POV

"-Except Jung Eunbi moving my heart." Because someone else captured my heart. "I guess you can say that we're both cowards then." she says chuckling. "Gomawo, you tried to protect me, when you were the one who needed the protection." I say.

"Aish, even though I'm a woman, doesn't mean I'm not capable of defending myself. But anyhow, since we've resolved, how about we go to our usual place after school?" she crosses her arms.

"Yeah, let's." she smiles, picks up her plate, walks to me, and ruffles my hair. "See ya."

-

"Ya, what happened to our deal? Why are you talking to her? Do you really want Taehyung to beat her up?" Jung Eunbi says.

"I won't let you. He can't hurt her if I'm there because I'll protect her."

She grimaces at my remark. "Arraseo, let's see who'll be the one to be regretting in the end." Regrets? The only regrets I've had were all when I was with you, Jung Eunbi. She then walks off.

-

After school, Yuna and I went to our usual place. We talked more about Jung Eunbi and Taehyung, since we didn't have much time at school, and made solutions instead.

Those solutions were: Before you argue, make sure that you see their points. Don't be afraid to reach out to each other.

"Hmm.. I was wondering.. what was your past like?" Yuna asks as she takes a sip of her iced tea. There was a moment of silence. I was hesitant of telling her because it's a memory that can be used against me.. like how Jung Eunbi did.

"-I'll tell everyone that your parents died because of you and you're the son of that famous company!"

Money captures many people's hearts don't they? Just like Jung Eunbi. How she knew since the very beginning that I was wealthy. If what Jung Eunbi did didn't happen, would I tell Yuna immediately?

"If that was too uncomfortable of a question for you, you don't have to answer." "No!" I blurt out, causing her shock, while spilling some of her iced tea onto a sleeve of her uniform.

"Ah, mianhae!" I say grabbing some napkins and giving it to her. "No worries haha." she says wiping her sleeve with the napkins I gave her. "It's just that.. my past is despicable."

"..When I was younger, eomma had cancer. She asked me if I wanted to get some ice cream from the store. Even though she said she was okay when I asked, I went with her anyways. My inkling of eomma having cancer should've quickly became something I knew completely."

I could feel myself taking deeper breaths. "And she.. she fainted while driving. So we crashed. We were driven to the hospital, where I wake up to the news of eomma being dead and where I wake up to my appa's tears. I was utterly helpless. I couldn't be at her aid. I couldn't rush to her side."

"It affected my appa so much he started drinking. He was drinking so much, there was a time where he fell and started breathing heavy. He didn't want me to call the hospital and as a result, both my eomma and appa died."

"They both died because of me, and they left an inheritance that I can't even repay. What a weak and feeble kid I was.. I still am now." Yuna looks at me, speechless. I ended up venting, didn't I?

"Anyway, let's go the markets across the street. I heard they restocked with new things. Let's go check it out." I say, standing up and take her wrist to drag her to the markets.

-

"Wow!" she opens her mouth in awe. "These markets are wonderful!" she says, looking at each stall. I chuckle as I put my hands behind my head. She stopped at this jewelry stall and stared at this bracelet.

"Are you planning on buying anything?" the old man in the stall asks. "Aniyo, I was just looking" she looks at the price and silently gasps. She takes her last glance and moves on.

I looked at the bracelet she was looking at. It was truly exquisite. It was a golden bracelet with pink and green tourmaline around it. //What it looks like is up to your imagination//

I could see why she was dumbfounded at the cost of the bracelet. For sure, it's real gems and real gold, and the price is reasonable. It's less expensive than what you can get at the sumptuous jewelry stores near the mall.

"Come on Jungkook!" Yuna beckons to me.

-

After looking through the markets, I took her to the bus stop. "I had fun. It was like the times we had before." she says. "See you tomorrow." When she left, I went back to the jewelry stall. "Can I buy this bracelet?" I took out my wallet.

"It must be for your girlfriend from earlier, right?" the old man asks. I became flustered, lost for words. "She's not my girlfriend. J-just a friend."

"Here, take it." the old man gives it to me. "I couldn't, I'll pay." I hand in the money, but he wouldn't accept it. "Arraseo.. if you insist." I bowed, and walked away.

Third person POV

Little did Jungkook know, little did Yuna know, that the bracelet connects to the dreams that Yuna has been having.