6: Decision

Yuna's POV

The next day, I woke up early in the morning to make breakfast and eat so I could study for the history quiz that's tomorrow. I left some breakfast for eomma, so she wouldn't have to make herself busy.

I was planning on going to the library located at school. I haven't been there yet anyways, and I hope that there aren't that many people so I can study. I got dressed, left a note at home for eomma so she wouldn't be worried and so she wouldn't have to wake up just to drive me, and I went out.

It was chilly since I had to go to the bus stop and wait there for about five minutes for the bus to come. I should've waited at home, I really don't like cold weather unless it involves snow.

I make my way in the bus and go to the spot where I was before when I was sitting with SinB and Jeon Jungkook. The school's bus stop is stop one, so it's really far from here.

My eyes stared out the window until I got to stop one.

-

I got to school with barely anyone here. I mostly just saw the teachers and staff. I then went to the place that I came here for; the library. I recalled that the library was next to the building my class is in, so it accommodated me in finishing the place.

I go into the library with my jaw dropping of awe. It was huge! When I slowly walked to a random aisle, I saw that the books were put in alphabetical order, and in their own section. I wander in the library with complete astonishment, and then I remembered that I have to study.

I go to the history section. Then I remembered.. what type of history are we doing a quiz on? Is it even a quiz? Will it become a test? It could be a review also. I should've paid attention.

I picked a random book that included all of the wars, when it started, when it ended, what caused it, and which countries were involved. Then I look for a table. There are so many aisles, it made me dizzy.

Finally, I found a table, but someone was sitting there. It was him. Jeon Jungkook. Does he come here this early just to read? Perhaps he's studying for the history quiz too.

He was wearing lens while reading, completely immersed in the book he was reading. I looked at him for a while, and I just couldn't avert my eyes. I then began to examine his face features. His dark brown eyes, his rosy colored lips, his ruffled tawny-brown hair, and his sharp jaw line.

He suddenly looks up from the book he was reading, and I flinch, my heart skipped a beat. He saw me staring at him and made eye contact for a little while. I felt my cheeks warm up out of embarrassment.. or was it really out of embarrassment?

"Oh, Choi Yuna, what are you doing here?" He asks out of curiosity, placing his book down on the table while still holding onto it.

I didn't know what to say to that, and when I did, I began to stammer "I-I.." I need to keep myself together. "I'm here because of the quiz we have tomorrow." I say as I took a quiet exhale.

"Ahh, that. You want to sit here?" He asks as he pats the table to point to the seat in front of him. Well, I can't find any other tables, and I don't want to waste time.

'Sure" I reply as I walk over to the seat in front of him.

I sat down, opening the book I found. Phew, that was a close one. I hope that he didn't notice me staring at him beforehand. Hmm, Korean War started in 1950, ended in 1953, started when North Korea invaded South Korea.

Even just that little piece of information can make me frustrated because I think about how there's going to be more dates about other wars. I tend to make things worse for myself by overthinking. My thoughts.. aish.

I took a quick glance up to see Jeon Jungkook looking at me. How long has he been looking at me for? He looked away quickly and looked down at his book. So weird.. I must be overreacting.

-

Students were coming in, and I went to put the book back into the history aisle. Now to find the exit. Where is the exit? I walked around, turning a whole circle. I should've not have just went to a random aisle.

I finally at last, found the exit, and went to the building next to it. I even saw SinB, so I went to her. When I came over, she jumps back. "Aishhh! You scared me!" She groans, and then began to giggle.

"Let's get to class." I say, chuckling back in response. We got to class, and we sat in our designated seats. Getting myself settled into my seat, I took out my textbook and notebook.

"Annyeong." I hear a voice beside me. I hear someone say, and I looked to see who it was, and it was Kim Taehyung, the other person that I sit next to.

"Annyeong." I replied back as I pulled out some utensils.

Kim Taehyung kept staring at me, and then abruptly began, "We should get along well, ehh, transfer?" He had a smirk plastered on his face.

Murmurs started to go around in the classroom. "Taehyung is wanting to talk to the transfer? That's a first." I hear on one side. "He barely talks to anyone besides Jung Eunbi and Jimin."

SinB nudged my shoulder and had an evil smile on her face. I didn't know what to say to Kim Taehyung. "Uhm.." I mumbled, and that was when the teacher came in. That was a good timing. We greeted the teacher and sat back down.

"Ahh, we will be needing two people to volunteer for cleaning duty for next week. Or, if you'd like, we could assign it." Teacher announces as some of the students groan. I could do it.. I wouldn't have to do it for a month or so..

I raised my hand. There's nothing on my schedule that'll make me busy, aside from the history quiz, I should be fine. "Choi Yuna!" The teacher writes my name on the board and turns back around.

"Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung both want to do cleaning duty. Interesting." The teacher says as I turn to Jeon Jungkook who was raising his hand. "How shall we choose who shall clean?"

The teacher looks at me. "Why don't you pick, Choi Yuna?" I bite my lip. Why should I pick if I'm not involved with them raising their hand? What have I done to deserve this? I just wanted to clean so I wouldn't have to do it on busier days.

"I don't know." I responded.

"Hmm.. how about you close your eyes and say either left or right." Teacher suggests. Is teacher really willing to go this far in wasting our time just to pick who's going to help me clean?

"I could just let them both clean by themselves. I could do it the week after." I suggested because I just want to get on with class.

"No." Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung both object in unison, both giving each other deadly stares.

"Aish.." I mumble under my breath. "I'm going to go with my original option then. Jeon Jungkook, Kim Taehyung, upfront." Teacher gestures them over as they walk up to the front of the classroom.

I was made to close my eyes, so I obliged. The teacher has the class make some noise so that I wouldn't know who was who because I could hear the footsteps of both. The teacher then quiets the class.

"Now, you can pick." The teacher calmly says. Aishhh, left or right? A new path of destiny that you have to choose is what it seems like, but it's only two different people, with two different happenings in the future.

I eventually decided that I wanted to pick right, so I pointed to the right. I opened my eyes to see who I chose, and who I pointed at. For some reason, I felt a feeling of relief because of the person I chose.