31: Soulmates

Yuna's POV

"Did you have fun?" Eomma asks as she sets food on the table for dinner. I nod in response as I throw myself to the couch. In the corner of my eye, I can see eomma glancing at my bracelet.

"Did I ever tell you about how I met your appa?" Oh noooo, I'm pretty exhausted right now, and all I really want to do is eat and then sleep. But I just sink more into the couch and give in.

"Aniyo." Eomma clears her throat.

"Well, when I was younger.. around your age, my parents were poor. We didn't have a car, but we had bikes. I would usually ride on bikes to school because I didn't want to use their money for the bus. I even went to the same school as your appa. I would see him at school, but I wouldn't talk to him. I wouldn't talk to anyone."

"So one day, I went to the store to buy groceries. As I was carrying them, I walked to the side and stayed on the side, waiting for a chance to cross. There was a lot of people there too. But then I felt someone push me."

"I was on the road, and there was a car going at a fast speed. I was just standing there because I didn't know what to do. It was so sudden. I closed my eyes. But then someone pulled me in. And that was your appa."

"'Gwenchana? Aish, you really need to be more careful.' Is what he said to me as I opened my eyes. I was in shock and jumped back. He grabbed me towards him because the road was right behind me."

"'To make sure you're okay, I'll walk you home.' he grabs a bag of groceries and we go off to my house. 'Gamsamnida.' I bow. 'No need to thank me, just be careful, and that'll be enough.'

"But what was weird is that bad things kept happening after that. Someone tripped me, and he caught me. People wrote on my desk, and he erased it. I almost collapsed due to exhaustion, and he cared for me. I felt like I was an annoyance and a burden to him."

"I wasn't careful enough and it made me feel disappointed in myself. I wanted to start to ignore him, or tell him to stop helping me because I probably deserve all of this."

"But he helped me, he kept doing that. I learned to embrace his help, and I tried to help him as a repayment. We eventually got closer as friends, then as lovers. The one thing he told me, was something I couldn't believe. I thought he was lying and it was a joke, but it all made sense."

"What did he say?" I was now sitting up while eating dinner. "He said that he had a dream about me." I almost dropped my bowl. My eyes widen. It's just a coincidence. "He said that he had a dream that I was going to die by getting pushed in front of a car. Really weird huh?"

I nod. It is definitely weird. "He told me the same thing again when we got married, but included another part." Another part? "When someone dreams of a person they don't know, who is hurting or dying, is affected by it, and saves that person, they're that person's soulmate."

I almost choke on my food. "S-soulmate you say.. that sounds crazy." Jungkook.. is my soulmate? My heart was beating so fast that I lost my appetite. "What is more crazy is that the dreams only happen to those in our family."

I am dreaming now. Everything I'm hearing, everything I'm doing is a dream. I pinch myself. This is not a dream. "You know when I was around your age, people were searching greedily for this one bracelet."

"It was said that when a man gives a woman this one bracelet and it shines or sparkles, you are that person's soulmate. There are more items out there that are like that, but it's still unknown currently."

I nod cluelessly as I slowly start to understand. I touch the bracelet that Jungkook gave me. "So you're saying this bracelet is the one you're talking about?!" she shakes her head.

"So I want to ask you.. have you been having any dreams about someone?" Jungkook. Is what I want to say, but it feels like my heart is in my throat.

"Well, I want to let you know that I need you to protect him. Whoever he is. I don't need to know who it is, but make sure you help him. Do what it takes to save him."

"Help him so he can live. Save him from whatever that is harming his health or hurting him. Make it so that you both are happy before it's too late and something bad happens."

-

I'm in my bed, thoughts flowing in my head. Let's put this all together. Jungkook is my soulmate.. presumably. The dreams and this random expensive bracelet from the markets is what proves it.

I have to stop him from jumping off a cliff. How am I suppose to stop him if the dreams said he died because of his eomma and appa? I can't really do anything but comfort him. But what if comforting him isn't adequate?

But then his reasoning could change right? His reason of dying. It could be because of Jung Eunbi. It could be because of Kim Taehyung. It could be because of me.

But what if.. I could change the future?