Excuses

Bubblegum's POV

I yawned as I sat up in my bed and stretched. Blinking the tiredness out of my eyes, I headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

After I'd showered at quickly ate some toast, then grabbed my schoolbag and fast-walked over to Marcelines room. I silently opened the door and crept in. Padding over to her bed, I noticed the she was still passed out.

"Marcy?", I poked her. She grumbled and turned away from me.

The potion I sprayed on her must've made it so that she'd get her memory back by dreaming or or something.

I got up from my sitting position on her bed, and went outside to wait for Finn and Jake. The burst out of the door, laughing like maniacs.

I frowned,"What have you done this time?", I quirked an eyebrow at them.

They giggled,"Prank calls", Jake said, clapping his hands together.

I rolled my eyes,"Look guys, Marcy is still affected by my potion. If any teacher asks, say she's ill.

The guys nodded, glancing awkwardly at Marcelines half open apartment door.  I slammed it shut, earning annoyed groans from some people a few doors down from us.

I ushered the guys to the lift, sticking my hands into the pockets of my pink jacket as I explained about the potion.

"-and that's basically all there is to say bout that", I shrug casually.

Finns eyes shined with enthusiasm as he said,"Then we'll be able to get home!"

I nod, opening the door to get into the corridor to wait for form. Marshall noticed us, smiled and walked up to us.

"Hey guys, where's marceline", he quirked an eyebrow at us, his blue grey eyes full of suspicion.

I sighed loudly and began to explain the situation. He chuckled as if he didn't believe me.

"Yeah, and Bubba barfed up rainbows", he said sarcastically before adding cockily,"You can't smuggle that kinda equipment into a flat!"

"Wow, how did Bubba barf rainbows?", Finn asked, his eyes wide.

Marshall laughed, automatically face palming himself,"Go ask him yourself".

I was about to say no when Finn skipped off. I narrowed my eyes at Marshall and stated,"I much preferred you as a kid, you were less annoying".

"That's because I was chained up", Marshall growled, an annoyed look on his fave.

"Why were you asking about Marceline anyway", I ask smugly, tilting my head.

"What? Oh, no no no", Marshall backed away, trying to hide a blush,"I was just curious, for all I know you could've killed her! Again".

"Whatever, let's just hope she wakes up by tomorrow, this school sucks", I groaned.

"Wow, and that's coming from miss science lover", Marshall raised both his eyebrows,"What have you done with the real Bonnibel?"

"Whatever", I grumbled as the teacher came out and told us to line up into form.

After form, we had History. I say next to Finn whilst Fionna sat next to Marshall and Bubba sat next to Finn.

"What do we have after this?", I ask, propping my head on my hand, my elbow resting on the table.

"Maths, then English, then German and last but certainly least, Geography", Marshall said, looking half asleep.

Maths went by fast, so did English and now it was our last lesson before lunch, German. I didn't mind German, I'd already got good scores in German.

"This is so.... boring", Finn groaned from next to Fionna. Fionna was fiddling with a strand of loose hair her sky blue eyes fixed on the window.

I had to agree, this was the most boring lesson yet. I sighed with relief as the bell rang and we ran off to the cafeteria.

I bought some food and a drink and set it down on one of the many benches outside the cafeteria. I sat next to Bubba. Finn with Fionna and Marshall on the end, looking lonely.

Taking a bite of my sandwich, I turned to Bubba, trying to start a conversation.

"Did Finn ask you why you barfed rainbows?", I ask, giggling a bit.

"Yeah, its all lies though", he said the last bit quickly, blushing slightly.

He chuckled, suddenly tensing as the bell rang. We all heaved yourself up to the second floor of the main building and went into the room. We sat down next to each other and started to do the assigned work on the whiteboard.

Soon enough, it was time to go home. I sighed with relief as I got out of the lift. The boys ran to their room, giggling again. I shook my head. Then I heard a sharp yell coming from Marcelines room......