Chapter 43: The New Password

Tron lead us to the tower. That's when the hostile program the MCP created appeared.

"I'm disappointed in you, Program. Why do you insist on allying with these selfish Users?" the MCP asked.

"Because I want to help them. Something written into my code commands me to do what is right." Tron said.

"Really? And what command would that be?" the MCP asked. Tron shrugged his shoulders.

"I can't really say for sure." Tron said.

"Friends-They help each other, that's all." I said.

"Uh-oh-look out!" Sora yelled. The program shot beams from the spikes on its body to create solid walls around us. We were limited on space now. This program was tough. It would shoot these rays that would follow each of us and try to hit us. Each time one of us hit the program, it would drop clusters. After gathering enough, we could freeze the program. Doing this allowed us to do damage without being attacked. Me, Tron and Sora combined our attacks and destroyed the program.

"I really owe you one. With all my functions up and running, I think I've got a chance of getting system control away from the MCP. Now I'd better get to work. It's what my User would want." Tron said.

"What Ansem would want..." Sora looked at Donald and Goofy who nodded. "Listen, Tron. We didn't get the password from Ansem. We sort of found it, back in the User world. By accident. And one more thing... Ansem-he was our enemy. I mean.. he still is... I guess." Sora said.

"Well, actually... he's my enemy, too." Tron said. That was surprising.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Ansem took ENCOM's original system and customized it for his own use. I was part of the original system, and Ansem modified me. So that makes him my User." We nodded. "But Ansem is also the one who brought back the MCP. The Ansem I first knew wouldn't do that. I'm sorry I didn't tell you." Tron said. I wanted to tell Tron that Sora was talking about an imposter, but I needed Mickey's help to explain.

"It's okay, but... now I REALLY don't get it." Sora said.

"I don't... understand it either. But I think Users, like you, are going to be the ones who will finally figure it out. You have the ability to take illogical routes and still arrive to the answers you seek. No go-before the MCP starts up again! Any data you need from the DTD can be accessed directly through my User's terminal. I'll keep a dedicated access channel open for you. I changed the password, so you won't have to worry about the MCP for a while." Tron said.

"Access channel?" Sora asked.

"I knew you'd ask." Tron pressed a button on the terminal. "It's an important link between our words. It's how we stay connected." We started to teleport back to our world. "You... my friends... are the new password." Tron said. I felt touched that Tron had made us the new password.

"Thank you, Tron. Be careful!" I said.

"You too! And give my best to the Users!" Tron said. We got back to the computer room.

"Look." Leon said. On the screen was 'Thank you' in bold letters with little digital version of us.

"Tron... hang in there." Sora said.

"It's asking for a password." Leon said.

Goofy: "That's easy. It's..."

"Sora!" Sora said.

"Piri!" I said.

"Donald!" Donald said.

"Goofy!" Goofy said.

"That's... to the point." Leon accessed the computer. "I have to go into town. Feel free to use the computer." Leon said. Leon left the room and Sora went to the computer.

"Maybe we have to type something." Goofy said.

"Riku and Kairi!" Sora types their names. The computer flashes 'DATA ERROR'. "No way... Even Ansem's computer doesn't know." Sora said in despair. Goofy typed in Organization XIII and Nobodies but the result was the same. "Stupid computer!" Sora started pounding on the keys.

"Sora, stop! You're gonna break it!" I yelled. That's when a picture of a man appeared on the screen. Ansem the Wise.

"Who's this guy?" Sora asked.

"Did you find anything?" Mickey asked. Mickey walked into the room.

"Not really, but the computer pulled up a picture of some guy." Sora said. Mickey took a look at the picture and jumped.

"Ansem the Wise!" I was the only one not confused.

"Come on! Are you teasing us again?" Sora asked.

"Did you forget what Ansem looked like, Your Majesty?" Donald asked.

"Of course I do! And this is him, I'm positive." Mickey said.

"Excuse me... could you come this way please?" Sora asked. Sora grabbed Mickey by the hand and dragged him back to the study. We all looked at the portrait. "See? This is Ansem. You know, the guy we all worked REALLY hard to defeat."

"Sora, about that..." I began, but Mickey explained for me.

"I never did finish explaining. Well, the man in the picture is definitely the one who tried to take over Kingdom Hearts-the one you fellas defeated. But, what you actually fought was his Heartless. Ya see, he wasn't really Ansem. He just went around telling everybody that he was." Mickey said.

"WHAT?!" the 3 shouted.

"It's true." I said.

"We went through all that work to defeat an imposter?" Sora asked.

"Yep. A fake, but he still needed to be stopped." Mickey said.

"And I believe his Nobody is the leader of Organization XIII." I said. "The real Ansem is my grandfather." The longer I looked at the portrait, the angrier I got. I placed my hand on the painting and black fire sprouted from my hand. The entire painting dissolved into ashes. That's when the whole castle started shaking.

"Looks like we need to start helping out here!" Mickey exclaimed. He ran out of the study and we followed him soon after. What was going on?