Mail

Arabella

The room was toasty, homey, even. The large logs that made up the walls were coated with honey colored wood, and the floors decorated in exotic furs. The bed looked plush, fluffy, and begged to be slept on.

Which I would've done if Xander hadn't pissed me off

As soon as we got to his pack house, his girlfriend glued herself to him. And what did he do? He pathetically pushed her away, putting no effort into actually trying to demonstrate any loyalty to me, who, I don't know, is his MATE.

Why did I even think he would be abstinate of relationships, like me.

This was what moving fast did to me. I jumped to way to many conclusions, thinking his sweet nothings were all I needed to trust him.

He wasn't like any normal rogue, but he was just like every hormonal male.

I never went out and searched for a boyfriend. I knew when the time came, it would tear both his and my mates hearts. Even now when I thought back on it, I didn't fall for Romans flirtatious behavior or advances. I didn't even see them cause I wasn't interested in looking.

Why couldn't Xander just...

Ugh.

"You need to explain to me just what she is to you and why." I said sternly, folding my arms and glaring my mate down as he squirmed in his place. I had invited him back in, but only for answers...

That's what I kept having to tell myself. I couldn't be this attached this fast, it was dangerous. 

"I never did anything with her, I swear. We are childhood friends and had a fling the equivalent of a kindergarten relationship. We cut it off years ago when I took the throne. Arabella, it's nothing-"

"I get to say whether it's nothing or not. You didn't tell me about it, like you were hinding something." I yapped, feeling the strength of my wolf without her return. Ever since the emotional turmoil between my mate and my father, she has been absent. 

This situation just got more and more complicated, and I honestly needed a nap.

But I COULDN'T TAKE A NAP BECAUSE I WAS SO DAMN ANGRY.

"She latched on to you. I heard her begging with you at the door-"

"Then you heard me also reject her!" Xander cut me off, earning him another warning look. He squinted his eyes and clenched his jaw, obviously losing patience.

"-I heard her not giving up. If you had the relationship equivalent to holding hands, and you cut if off years ago, why is she still convinced you were supposed to be together?" I finished, tilting my head at him. His jaw clenched and loosened, the gears in his head obviously turning.

"I told her it was over-"

"Well it seems you gave her a reason to think otherwise!" 

"It doesn't matter, she means nothing now!"

"Then why didn't you just push her off of you?!"

We were yelling now, fighting for what each of us thought was 100% right.

Relationships were about compromise and understanding, in which case both of those things were hard to understand under the influence of the flames of anger.