"I fucking hate coffee," he sighed and closed his eyes again.

"Then why do you drink it?" I asked and stole my bowl back.

"Because I need to stay awake," Jamie groaned and stood up. I watched as he walked to the kitchen.

"You guys are... close," Nikolai remarked and traced a pattern on the couch pillow.

I told you it would be easy.

"Jealous?" I grinned and drank the last of the coffee.

"A little bit actually," he grumbled. They both acted like little kids it was adorable. Except Jamie was more of a whiner, he just pouted until he got what he wanted. On the other hand, Nikolai just sulked. He was literally an edgy vampire.

"Have you thought about what I told you?" I implored and set down the bowl. I could hear Jamie in the kitchen, cleaning the dishes.

"A little bit," he shrugged and tilted his head to rest on the back of the couch.

"So when are you going to make your move?" I responded slyly and crossed my arms.

"I don't know what his limits are yet," Nikolai sighed and looked off, "or what he likes. I was hoping you'd have some advice."

"Try to be more commanding, not a lot though, or he might notice." I shrugged, Jamie really did like being told what to do. He was like a little lamb.

"Elaborate," the vampire replied slowly, he looked interested

"I mean, like, show him how to do something, hands on, you know?" I waved my hand, how could I put this? "Or even just give him simple commands, like 'Jamie come over here,' or something."

"Possibly," Nikolai answered curtly.

"Seriously, man, Jamie is weak to temptation," I reasoned, because he really was. I laughed to myself, that kid could never commit to anything.

Soon an awkward silence hung in the air between us. The only sounds were those of dishes clunking around and water running down the drain.

"So, Jamie doesn't know, does he?" I drawled meaningfully and looked him in the eye.

"If you mean my position, then no," he sighed, "he doesn't."

"Why don't you want to tell him?" I implored, I mean come on? Sexy vampire and a king? What more could you want Jamie? "Dudes dig guys with a crown."

"If I told him that, I'd have to tell him everything," Nikolai explained, it seemed like a burden to him. "And he's just not ready for that."

"I won't pry," I responded and gave him a stern look, "but just so you know, Jamie hates being lied to. So watch what you say."

-

"Fuck, I need to talk to Mr. Vennoy," I groaned and face palmed. I kinda just disappeared. Again.

"Oh don't worry about him," Jamie shrugged and took a spoonful of ice cream off the cone. What the fuck Jamie? You get a cone and just eat it with a spoon? Dude, not cool. "I explained the situation after you and Cassius visited that one time."

"Oh," I felt kinda disappointed actually, that was our thing. Jamie and I would always meet up after our shifts and hang out for a little while. We would binge watch North Park (South Park), or get fast food. But now... now we couldn't do any of that.

It. Sucked.

"So has he hired someone new?" I asked cautiously and took a lick of my own ice cream. Nikolai just lurked silently a step behind Jamie. He was so awkward.

"There are a few contestants in the running, I've met two of them so far," Jamie waved his hand and took another bite I noticed Nikolai staring intently at him. I bet I knew exactly what he was thinking about. "And one of them... was Andrew."

I blinked, he never stuck me as the type. But he could be really good at it I think.

"Wow, I bet you'll have fun with him," I grinned and nudged him with my elbow. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Nikolai glaring at me. Good.

I mean, seriously, if I really wanted to push them along I only had to make Nikolai jealous. He would do the rest for me. If you know what I mean. It's not like Jamie would ever make the first move.

"Stop it," He whined and pushed me back, "you know I'm in a relationship already."

"I know, I know," I giggled and took another lick, "but I love to tease you."

"It's gotta get old at some point," he grumbled and tossed his spoon away as we passed a trashcan.

"When you get a better man," I rolled my eyes and bit into the waffle cone. "For example, Nikolai."

"He's right here you know!" Jamie gasped and pulled the vampire beside him. Nikolai looked down at him in alarm but didn't move away.

"All the better," I smiled sweetly and balled up my napkin to shove it in my pocket.

"You are the literal worst," he murmured and licked ice cream off the cone. I saw the vampire press his knuckles over his mouth as he watched Jamie.

Someone one had very dirty mind.

And it wasn't me this time. Surprisingly.

"Whatcha thinkin' about Nicky?" I pondered and shot him a glance.

"Your impending doom," he grumbled and crossed his arms, "and don't call me Nicky."

"I bet you'd let Jamie call you Nicky," I huffed and Jamie blushed slightly.

"Definitely."

-

Afterwards we kind of just walked around town. It was like my last time being there. I mean really being there. Taking in the sights and breathing in the city air. It was so natural and familiar in a way that hell hadn't been to me in a long while. Jamie soon grew tired and we headed back to his apartment.

That kid was always tired. And I mean always. He mostly had trouble falling asleep and nightmares the rest of the time.

But I didn't want to leave yet.

I wanted to talk to Jamie. But I was scared, I didn't know what to say. Finally, as I was about to leave, I worked up the courage.

"J-Jamie? I need to talk to you," I muttered, my voice wavered ever so slightly, "in private."

He looked confused, and then worried. I watched as he and Nikolai shared a glance.

"Sure," he whispered and we slipped inside his bedroom, Jamie closed the door and turned to me. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach and paced back and forth. My courage had vanished completely.

"What is it?" Jamie asked and leaned against the door, I faltered but continued to pace. "Allie?"

My chest rose and fell rapidly. Until I finally sat on the bed and buried my face in my hands.

"Jamie, I-I-" I whispered miserably, "I don't know if I want to keep it."

Hey, fun fact, Alabaster and Nikolai are the same age.

Jun 2018