Chapter 5 - John Laurens

"So, who is that, again?" Alexander discreetly pointed over at the John person, who had caught his eye, as he sipped at the water bottle he had been given during intermission. He hadn't forgotten his name, since it was lodged in his memory, repeating itself over and over. But, he just wanted to act like he didn't care as much as he truly did.

"You mean the guy you've been drooling over since he walked in, you freaking homo?" Maria smirked at Alex, whose face flushed immediately.

"Hey, I'm not gay..." he defended himself, as Maria continued to smirk at him, which forced him to finish his sentence, "...entirely."

Alexander was lying, yet telling the truth at the same time. He had known he was at the very least bisexual, since Middle School, when he started feeling sexual attractions towards both sexes, in his peer group.

However, after being in relationships with mostly women throughout his High School and College career, and marrying his, now, ex-wife, he noticed the lack of romance he experienced with females. Sure, there was still a sexual drive, and amount of pleasure involved, hence having five children, but the romance wasn't there, unless he was in said relationship with a man. And after the events leading to his divorce, Alexander came to the conclusion, that even though he was indeed bisexual, he was also, according to an online article he had read, homoromantic.

Of course, he could never tell the kids that their father was actually a homo. It'd break their hearts to find out that they'd been lied to. And that their father never actually fell in love with their mother, like the fairytale lives they had believed their parents lived in, before the divorce.

"Did you not pay attention during the introductions?"

"I was...distracted," he partially lied.

"Of course you were," Maria finished the tart she had, shaking her head at Alexander, who was watching John's every movement with lust-filled eyes.

"So, what's his name?" Alex asked once again.

"His name's John Laurens," Maria finally answered, walking over to the buffet table to grab a few crackers. "Why? You interested in pursuing him, 'Lex? Because, I'm not sure if he's looking for a sexual partner at the moment..."

But, as soon as she turned back around to face Alexander, he was already gone. Acting as though this was the first time he paid attention to John's name, he speed-walked over to the man, leaning against the far wall of the room. Alex outstretched a hand to John, looking up at him with a big smile unable to be wiped from his face.

"Hello! My name is Alexander Hamilton," he introduced himself, since John missed out on his prior introduction. "It's very nice to make your acquantice, John Laurens."

John took a moment, before accepting his hand, with a confused look on his face. "I haven't seen you 'round here, before... Are you new?"

"Yup, got dragged here by my friend, Maria, over there," Alex pointed back at Maria, chuckling a little. "I don't think I need a support group for being a single father, though. What's the point, anyway?"

"It's...I guess it's a way of...bein' reassured that you're not the only one going through struggles. At least, that's how I see it, anyways," John smiled warmly, looking down at his jean jacket, decorated in buttons and patches of various things. Alexander didn't even notice them, before.

"I like your buttons," Alex said randomly, mostly because how awkward the conversation was becoming. What was he thinking? Trying to sleep with this guy? He doesn't even know him, or even if he's into men. All he knows is, that this guy was exceptionally attractive, and he wasn't backing down very easy. "They're pretty neat. Where'd you get them?"