Chapter 4 - Single Parents Support Group

"...Right this way," Maria grabbed Alexander's hand, leading him up the rickety staircase of a stone building. If Alexander didn't know any better, he'd say that he was being led up to a murder dungeon, not a parental support group. But, the two things seemed interchangeable, almost. "Watch your step on this one stair coming up, we're planning on fixing it soon, so just bear with it for now."

"How long did you say you've been going to these meetings?" Alexander asked, being cautious on the steps.

"Ever since my divorce with James. So, I'd say about...three years, just about," Maria explained, stopping at the top of the stairs to wait for Alexander.

"Shit, it's already been that long?"

"Yup," she nodded, before sighing. She rested her hand on the doorstep. "Thank you again for coming. It's nice to be with more people closer to your age, rather than just teenagers. Oh my God, there's so many teenagers, 'Lex. It's like a hormone-fest in there."

"Thanks for telling me now," Alex rolled his eyes, following Maria inside, to where he was met with a hallway. "I thought you said the people here were attractive?"

"Oh hell yeah they are!"

" 'Ria, you just said... I'm not going to be checking out a bunch of teenagers! Did you forget I'm in my late thirties?"

"I wasn't talking about them, dumbass!" Maria giggled, stopping in front of a door with a sign, reading "The Single Parents of New York Society", resting on a hanger. "There's adults in there. And, holy crap, I'm still in shock on how some of them are single. Because, fuck, they are hot."

Alexander rolled his eyes, following Maria inside. There was four rows of metal, foldable chairs lined up, in front of a stand. There was a small buffet table on the other side, with various snack foods littered about, being set up by a couple of people.

"Hi, Maria," a tall, light-skinned woman, with black ringlets stepped into view. She wore purple sun-dress, high-heels, and had feather hairclips holding some of her hair back into a bun. "Who's this?"

She pointed over at Alexander, who mocked a formal bow. "Alexander Hamilton. Recently single. Hello, beautiful."

Maria glared at him, rolling her eyes. "Dolley, I apologize for my friend's behaviour. He's just always horny."

The woman, Dolley, laughed heartily. "I see."

"Don't expose me like this, 'Ria,"Alex gasped, acting offended.

"Maybe if you controlled your dick a bit better, you wouldn't be exposing yourself."

"How dare you?!" Alex scowled. "My dick can control itself, thank you very much.

Dolley continued to laugh, holding out her hand to him. "Oh my Lord, you two are a absolute riot. My name is Dorothea Dandridge Payne Todd, or for short, feel free to call me 'Dolley'. It's an absolute pleasure to meet you."

"Pleasure's all mine, ma'am," Alex chuckled, shaking her hand. "Do you have any kids?"

"Why do you think I'm here?" Dolley chuckled, unable to hold back a smile.

"Oh, shit, yeah," Alexander scratched the back of his head. "So, how many kids you got?"

"Just one. A little boy," she fished her purse, pulling out her wallet. She handed a picture of a small baby boy over to Alex. "His name's John, named after his father- John Todd." Her expressions seemed to drop at the name, and she sighed. "He's two years old."

"No freaking way," Alex laughed, grinning wide. "My youngest is two years old as well."

"Cool!"