Chapter 2 - The Neighbours

Alexander looked behind him, hearing the sound of footsteps coming from behind. Alex Jr. stood there awkwardly, rocking on his heels, and twiddling his thumbs. "Hey, Sport, what's up?"

"Daddy, I can't find my sooit-case," Junior struggled with the word 'suitcase'.

"That's what I forgot!" Alexander lifted JC into his arms, walking over to Junior. "Champ, it's still in the car, want me to go grab it for you?"

"Could'ya please, Daddy?"

Alexander nodded, ruffling Junior's dark brown hair before heading outside, JC still in his arms. After searching through the car quickly, he managed to easily locate Alex Jr.'s "Transformers" suitcase. Readjusting JC's position on his shoulder, so it would be easier to hold him, carry the suitcase, and reopen the door, Alexander started back inside. It wasn't until he was stopped by a certain feminine voice yelling to him.

"Oh my God, 'Lex! When did you become a babysitter without telling me?!"

Biting his lip, Alexander set the suitcase down on the porch, before turning around. A short, curvy woman waved to him from across the street. Her light brown curls bounced along with her, as she was hopping across the street, over onto Alexander's property, and storming towards him. Her emotions were a mixture of 'awe', 'anger', and 'confusion'. Which, in turn, made Alexander extremely nervous.

"Hi! Hi!" Little JC waved to the woman, before giggling. "Hiya, pretty lady!"

"You are so precious, oh my gosh!" The darker-skinned woman pinched JC's cheek, causing him to laugh louder. "Alex, who's baby is this? He is so cute! Aren't you, little man? Yes you are."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thanks," JC repeated over and over, clapping his hands. The woman couldn't help but squeal.

"Actually, this is my kid," Alexander said nervously, with a chuckle, before tickling JC's sides. "Little John Church Hamilton here is my son."

The woman's arms dropped to her sides, as she glared at Alexander. The tone in her voice dropped as she said, "what?"

"Heh, surprise~!" Alexander cheered weakly, before JC began clapping his hands together loudly.

"Happy birthday!" He giggled more, continuing to clap his hands excitedly.

"Since when did you have a baby?! " The woman slapped Alexander's forearm, before crossing her arms. "And why didn't you tell me?! I thought that you were--"

Alexander gave an exaggerated cough, glaring at her. "Shh."

JC stared at her, before his eyes widening. "Auntie Peggy! Auntie Peggy! Hi! Hi!"

The woman cocked an eyebrow, before muttering a, 'huh?'.

"No, Champ, this isn't Aunt Peggy," Alex chuckled. "This is Ms. Maria Reynolds."

"It's Lewis now... And, Alexander!" The woman, Maria, scolded, once again slapping his arm. "How-- When did this happen?! I've known you the entire time you've lived on this block, and not once did you mention that you had a son!"

"Actually," Alex lowered his head, biting his lip, "I have four sons..."

"You're kidding," Maria stared at him, stunned.

"And...a daughter."

Maria stared at him wide-eyed, shaking her head. "Jesus Christ! You can't be serious! Who's the other parent?!"

"You don't know her," Alex scratched the back of his head, and JC copied his action, mimicking his father. Maria stared at Alexander in utter confusion. "But, that's the reason why I moved out here in the first place. We got divorced, and...yeah."