Chapter 3:At least I won't be alone

I put my IPhone away and was about to start talking to Devin. When it was a small knock at the door. As the door open Nadia peeks her head in before saying, "Are you ok Alex,and mom wanted me to tell you both that dinner ready."

"Yeah I'm alright Nadia and I kind of wanted to talk to Devin about something before dinner", I say as I turn to Devin.

"I'm hungry Alex so we can talk about it after were done with dinner no one won't mind", he say with a smile as he starts walking to his door.

"Ok I guess we should go eat then", I say in a cheerful tone.

"I'll race you", Nadia says eagerly.

"Alright" I say as I super speed to the dining room. A second later I hard a loud boom noise and super speed to the noise and notice Nadia on the ground.

"ha Nadia this is why mom don't want you running cause your too clumsy" he says as he walks past Nadia.

"This is why I don't like you at times Devin and thanks Alex", she says as I help her up.

Devin turns at the bottom of the stairs as he yells,"BUT YOU LOVE MEEEEEE".

᤾"Yeah whatever helps you sleep at night Devin", Me and Nadia say in unison.

"WHATEVERRRR THAT'S WHY I'M GOING TO EAT ALL THE FOOD", Devin yells as he ran to the dining room.

Nadia and me laugh as we walk to the dining room. I thought to myself (I wonder how he'll take it).

Once we got to the dining room I take my usual seat in between Devin and Nadia that's also right across from Angie and Steve (Devin's dad). I smiled as I say "Angie the food smells really good". Angie smiles at my comment before saying, "thanks Alex". After that everyone start fixing there plate.

15 mins later...........................

"That was delicious mom", Devin says as he finishes up dinner.

"Thanks dear", Angie says with a polite smile.

"Your welcome mom and Alex what did you want to talk about", Devin says as he turn to me.

"I wanted to tell you that I'm not going to our school no more mom wants me to go to some school called New Castle High like she just lives to make me mad" I say while trying to stay calm.

"Oh dear that good cause I was thinking about sending Nadia and Devin there cause they need more control of there powers", Angie says in a cheerful tone.

"Yay mom can you make sure Alex will be my roommate and I have two friends there ", Nadia says cheerfully voice like her mom.

"Well at least I won't be alone", I try to mumble it but with Devin super hearing he heard it.

"Of course I wouldn't live you hanging", Devin says as he bumps me against the shoulder.

"Well you guys know what this means shopping like tomorrow ", Nadia says as she gets up and takes the plates to the kitchen with Angie.

"I'm going to call my two best friends that go there to help us pick out the perfect outfits at the mall", Nadia says as she walks back in.

"Whatever Nadia no one needs fashion tips", Devin says as he gets up from the table.

"Obviously you do" with that Nadia took off running with Devin behind her.

10 seconds later I hear a big boom and super speed to it and saw Devin sitting on Nadia's back.

"Ok guys I should be getting home and Nadia call me when y'all ready to go the mall tomorrow I'll pick you and Devin up" I say after I was done laughing.

"Ok see you tomorrow Alex" they both say in unison.

I wave good bye as I super speed to Angie and Steve.

"You about to go Alex", Steve says looking up from the living room tv.

"Yea I wanted to tell you guys good bye before I left" I say as I hug Steve and Angie.

"ok dear see you tomorrow", Angie and Steve say in unison.

I wave once more before I super sped to my car and got in.

I put the key in the ignition as I hook up my phone to the car.

I turn on "Bridges by Broods" before I speed off to my house. When I pull up at my house I notice mom car is not there so not a shocker. I take my keys out of the ignition and take my phone out of the car as I get out and lock it. As I open the front door I notice it looks just like how I left so I guess mom left after she told me about school. I close and lock the door as I walk to my room. I turn on my room light as I walk to my walk in closet to look for something to sleep in after my shower. I decided to wear a blue Cami with some blue and black pajama shorts. I took them and the other stuff I need in my bathroom.

30 minutes later......

I lay down on my bed as I plug my headphones into my iphone. I press play to "Chandelier by Sia" as I thought of how tomorrow would be as slowly drifted to sleep.

Please like and comment saying what you think of it