Where is the ambulance?

“Know what Lia? I don’t understand what you’re saying,” I had no clue what she was talking about, I tried hard to listen to her, but her voice was so weak I could barely hear her.

“Zayn, you are my Bradford Bad Boy, and I love you,” Lia whispered; I caught every word clearly this time.

“I love you too Lia,” thinking nothing more into what she said, she’s told me she loves me plenty of times. She loves me like a friend, not like I wish she did. No, she always had Dylan for that.

Dylan.

I gritted my teeth angrily at the thoughts of him touching her. I swear to god, when I find him…

“No, Zayn, I really love you,” her voice drifted through my ears like music, snapping me from my violent thoughts about Dylan.

She loved me.

She told me she loved me.

I smiled widely, and glanced down at Lia.

My heart stopped.

“Lia,” I mumbled, before panicking when she didn’t stir.

“Liam! Where’s the ambulance?” I shouted.

“They’re on the way, I can hear them coming, I’ll go wait in the lobby,” he said and sprinted out the room, his phone stuck to his ear. I guess he was calling the other three.

“Lia!” I shouted, shaking her shoulders lightly. I placed my two fingers against her neck, looking for a pulse.

No pulse.

I checked her wrists, maybe I just missed it.

No pulse.

I bent down and looked at her chest.

She wasn’t breathing.

“Lia!” I shouted, tears pouring down my face. I hauled her lifeless body on to the floor and flexed my hands.

I can do this. I thought. I have to do this.

I placed my hands on her chest and started compressions. “Come on Lia! Breath!” I pleaded.

Once I’d done thirty compressions, I bent down and placed my mouth on top of hers. I’m not ashamed to say this, but I’ve dreamt of kissing her before, and it sure as hell was not like this. Once I’d done the mouth to mouth bit twice I went back to compressions. The door flew open and two paramedics, Liam, Louis, Harry and Niall ran in.