[12]Loyalty

Sasuke's POV:

His fangs were about to sink into my neck. Suddenly, a flash of silver appeared in front of me. Akari stood in front of me. Orochimaru hit the tree and slowly got up, holding a deep wound in his stomach. He chuckled. "Even in this state, you still choose to protect him. You've got quite the loyal pet at your disposal, Sasuke." He smirked. "Talk shit about me all you want... but don't lay a hand on him." Akari growled. Why would she go to such lengths for me, even if her loyalty is with me. Any rational person wouldn't do that. They charged at each other, katana clashing. Akari was slowing down, you could clearly see it. Orochimaru kicked her back to where I was. And used this opportunity to try and bite me again. He succeeded. A bolt of pain went through me. I felt like I was on fire. A dark red aura surrounded me. I stared in shock at Akari. She had a different pattern in her eyes. A hand grabbed Orochimaru and threw him into the tree. It punched through him, making him fly through the tree. Suddenly, the red aura disappeared. Akari fainted. I could feel myself slipping away as well. Dammit...

Akari's POV:

I was surrounded by darkness. I couldn't move, nor could I see anything. I closed my eyes. This is the most peace and quiet I had gotten in a while. Am I dead? The last thing I remember is fighting Orochimaru and using the Susanoo. I forced my eyes open. Shit...what the fuck is wrong with this bright pink? "She's awake!" Oh...fuck, it's Sakura. I groaned and sat up. The Konoha genin surrounded me. Not this again... "Before you start yelling at me, wait a sec. I feel like someone tossed me into a blender." I groaned. A wave of pain rolled through me. Shit. I clutched the curse mark. I stood up, using the wall as support. "Thanks for helping me and all, but I have to go now." I tossed a scroll to Tenten. "I suppose you know how to use these." She nodded. "Open it and take the scrolls you need. Burn or get rid of the rest. There are supplies and a first aid kit. In exchange for this..." I trailed off. "Don't die."

A serious look came onto their faces. They nodded. Heh. Iruka...you've underestimated them greatly. They're capable of much more than they were before. I left. I can't waste too muck stamina. For the third round, I'll probably fight an ANBU, or jonin, at least. Hiruzen wouldn't put me against a genin...would he? Maybe against garra, but still, he would be at a massive disadvantage against me. I threw a marked kunai as far as I could, and used the flying thunder god. I continued doing this until I got to the tower. Thank Kami, I made it on time. I opened both scrolls. Person and mankind...a summoning jutsu! I threw the scrolls down and jumped back, kunai out. The smoke cleared. I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding. It was Kakashi. His eyes widened in alarm. "What happened." He demanded. I didn't need to answer. Another wave of pain rolled through me, this one worse than the last. I fell to the ground. He rushed over. "The curse mark..." He muttered. "Akari, from now on, don't use chakra." He told me. I weakly nodded. "Let's get you to the waiting room." He picked me up and teleported somewhere. "This is a room inside the tower. The third round will start tomorrow. For now, rest." He told me, and put me down on the bed. "See you tomorrow." He softly said. Then, he teleported away. I could feel myself drifting away. I closed my eyes, falling into the horrors of my mind.

"Happy birthday!" My mom congratulated me. A little me sat beside her, grinning and laughing. No...not this day...anything but this...

For this was the day my parents died. My second birthday. I was stuck there, watching. My dad came into the room, picked me up and swung me around. I continued laughing to my heart's content, blissfully unaware of what was going to happen this night. "How's my birthday girl doing?"He chuckled.

After the fun and games were over and I had to go to bed, the horror started. Soon after I had went to bed, the smell of blood seeped into the air.

Darkness surrounded me. I was lying in a pool of blood. Voices floated in the air.

It's all your fault I died.

Okaa-san.

You weren't strong enough, and you still aren't.

Otou-san.

I've never loved you.

Kakashi.

Your a weak, pathetic excuse of a ninja.

Sasuke.

You're a wasted life.

Naruto.

Your existence isn't needed.

Garra.

Other voices floated in the air.

Monster!

Die, you murderer!

You killed my son!

Bastard!

My parents appeared in front of me. They glared at me, and told me three words I would never forget.

"I hate you."

I woke up in a pool of sweat.even though I know it was a dream, it felt so real...

I need some air. I walked out the door and found a set of stairs that led up to the roof. I walked up. Garra was there as well. I sat next to him. "Can't sleep either?" He asked. I shook my head. "But, you can. Don't worry, I'll deal with Shukaku." I told him. He hesitated for a moment. Slowly he nodded. I set his head down on my lap, running my fingers through his hair, and began to sing.

Silver light
She turned her face up to the starlit sky
And on this night began to wonder why
She knew that soon the day would come

Born to be
An heir of beauty and serenity
Into this world she entered quietly
To her surprise she was the one

Destiny was close behind her
Phantom of borrowed life
And the sea was a reminder
Mirror of given light

Then one day
The sign she'd waited for in skies of grey
Traversed a winding road and came her way
She found the love she hoped she would

But she knew
That she had promises to stay true to
The dormant daughter of the silver moon
Then all at once she understood

Destiny was close behind her
Phantom of borrowed life
And the sea was a reminder
Mirror of given light

From the sky
She watched the life
She'd known she would leave behind
Said goodbye
And gave her people
Life through her sacrifice

The song put both Garra and Shukaku in a trance, slowly lulling them to sleep. I stayed up all night on the roof, under the stars, knowing that in this cruel world, I wasn't alone.

A/N:

YASS SCHOOL'S OUT BITCHES

Word count: 1602 words

~Vanilla_Nightcore