[8]Reunion

Akari's POV:

We were crossing the river. Me, being me, had decided to walk on the water instead of sitting on the boat. Tazuna was talking about Gato. I could tell this was an uncomfortable topic for him, so I decided to lighten up the mood. "How can a faggot who's less than 4 feet tall cast a long came deadly shadow?" I asked. Well, more like stated. A while ago, when we had encountered those chunins, we had figured out that Gato was targeting Tazuna, so he came up with some shitass sob story and Kakashi gave in. So here we are, protecting him. Oh, we're on land! I never noticed! We continued walking. Naruto was randomly throwing kunai and yelling, until he threw one where Kakashi and I both detected movement. We glanced at each other. Then, I heard something slicing through the air. "DUCK!" I yelled. It was the Executioner blade. Someone landed on it as it was lodged in the tree. "Well, well, if it isn't the Copy Ninja and ANBU's Bloody Rose." I looked up, already knowing who it was. "Zabuza Momochi." I greeted coldly. He chuckled. "Why such a cold greeting, Crimson?" I simply kept a poker face. I told him to stop using that damned nickname. He started to call me that from when he saw me drenched in blood from the time where I had killed Orochimaru's henchmen to escape. Yelling brought me back to reality. "Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke! Manji formation! Protect the bridge builder at all costs! Akari, backup! Use my attacks to your advantage, if possible!" Kakashi yelled. I nodded. Zabuza used the Hidden Mist Jutsu. Kakashi and I cleared away the mist with a burst of chakra. Zabuza wasn't my ideal opponent. I specialized in assassination, yes, but I was more of a stealth fighter than a melee fighter. I knew I could hold my own against him, but I'm not too sure if I could defeat him, much less kill him. I launched myself at him, giving Kakashi a chance to strategize. We went head on, my katana against Zabuza's Executioner Blade. It was an intense back and forth battle, one person attacking one second and defending the next. I jumped back. He's going to get the upper hand in this battle if I don't use that soon...

Decisions, decisions. My secrecy or my friends lives.

Do it anyways, even if you barely know them.

"Enchant! Ile arms! Ile vernier! Ile armor!"

My speed, strength, and defense instantly increased. I continued to attack him, my swings getting harder and harder each time. I was slowly gaining the upper hand, until...

He decided to go for Tazuna.

"Kakashi!" He got there in time, thank god. They started battling with water clones until Zabuza managed to trick Kakashi with one. My eyes widened. Zabuza swung his blade. Oh shit...here goes nothing...

I used the Flying Thunder God for the first time on Kakashi, appearing in front of him.

And taking the hit for him.

I hit the ground. My vision started blurring. I could faintly hear Kakashi and the others calling my name. I blacked out.

~Ze Fabulos Timpskipe~

Third POV:

"KAWAII!!!!" A certain pink haired girl squealed. The small silverette had shifted in her sleep, so her head was leaning against her father's shoulder, and her father's head leaning against hers. The silverette stirred. "Hmm?" She slowly sat up, rubbing one of her eyes. Everyone blushed. 'C-cute...' they thought. When she yawned, their blushes only got darker. She sounded like a little cat. She opened both of her eyes, and stared at them, or more like staring at the dark blushes across their faces. "...is there something wrong?..." She asked. The three quickly shook their heads. "NOTHING!" They shouted in unison. The young girl sweatdropped. "Uh...okay, then..."

Akari's POV:

Why are they staring at me like that...better yet, why are they blushing? Eh. I poked Kakashi. "Wake up." I said. He didn't. Time to take more serious measures. In one quick movement, I pulled off the blanket. "Fine, I'm up." He groaned. I sighed and stood up. "I'll go find a good training area. Be back in 10 minutes. I dissolved into shadows. (For Fairy Tail fans, kind of how Rouge looked like when he was fighting Gajeel 1v1 in the Grand Magic Games) I teleported into the forest and started wandering around, until someone threw a kunai at me. I pretended not to notice, and dodged in a way that made me seem like I had walked forward and accidentally dodged it. I want to lure the person out of their hiding spot first, then start attacking. I really don't like making the first move, it gave the opponent a bit of an opening. This process continued, until I saw a thread. My eyes narrowed. I looked around to see more thread strung across the area. This is his doing. There's no doubt about it. He's the only person who knows how to create this specific pattern. I stopped, eyes closed, intently listening for the sound of a breaking thread. Being the one who created this type of thread trap in the first place, I also know how to evade it as well. There. The thread broke. I jumped up, pulling out the two tantos I had hidden in my shoes. I've pinpointed his location. Target lock...on. I deflected a barrage of kunai and shuriken, and dove towards where the target was. My tanto clashed against his kunai. The sound of metal against metal rang out. We engaged in a short taijutsu battle.

"Katon: Goukakyuu!"

So he's switched to ninjutsu. Heh...two can play that game...

Both of my hands rapidly began to form one handed signs.

"Katon: Gouka Mekkakyuu!"

This was a stronger, more advanced version of the fireball jutsu. It's A rank.

"Fuuton: Toppa!"

The wind jutsu complimented the fire jutsu, making it stronger. My jutsu immediately overpowered his, leaving him to dodge or take the hit. We both landed on the ground. "Why are you here?" I questioned him. "The leader wants you to join the Akatsuki."

I thought about it. It would give me an excellent cover story for what I was planning for the future...

"I...accept the offer, but I won't be joining right now. I will when the time comes, but I still have things left to do in Konoha."

He nodded. "I'll be taking my leave now. Do not mention this to anyone."

I started to walk away. "Until next time..."

"Itachi-nii."

A/N:

Itachi is not her biological brother, they are just really close and Akari thinks of him as a brother.

The Chunin exams are coming! After those are done, ShiT iS goInG To go DoWN!

That's the part I have a lot of good ideas in, meaning no more crappy chapters from moi!(At least I hope so...I know I'm a crappy writer, okay...)

YASS OVER 1000 WORDS!!!!!!

Better visual of her, just imagine two silver triangles under her eyes (And ignore the chest...)

~Vanilla_Nightcore

~Vanilla_Nightcore