~{ Chapter 17 }~

(A/N: Oops, haven't updated this in two months. You guys know you can tell me when you think I need to update, okay? And this chapter's a little short, I'm sorry.)

Your POV

There was a blast of cool air when we entered, the feeling of air conditioning. Frisk and I relished the chilly feeling it brought, and they hung their sweater over their shoulders.

There wasn't anyone here it seemed, so we passed halfway through without any trouble. Then once we approached something looking similar to a bathroom, a short, female human rushed out looking anxious.

She stared us right in the eyes. "Oh, oh my, I have visitors!" she squeaked, her voice high in anxiety. I could tell this happened often. "Everything's so messy, I haven't showered, and--" She took a deep breath, straightening out her lab coat. "U-uh, I'm Alphys."

"I'm (Y/N), and this is Frisk." I smiled at her stuttering, knowing how she felt. I used to feel like that.

Alphys held her hands to her chest, eyes wide. "Y-you're the..." She trailed off, blinking rapidly. "I-I'm King Asgore's royal scientist," she continued. "But d-don't worry, I'm not one of the 'bad guys.' I actually w-wanna help you!"

I raised an eyebrow, cocking my head to the side like a confused dog.

"I uh, made a body for a single SOUL, trying to make it look realistic. I was experimenting with, er, human flesh." She twirled a lock of her hair, smiling awkwardly. "Buuuut I accidentally gave him a lust for monster dust?"

"Of course you did," Frisk sighed, their paws swaying back and forth. "Let me guess, he's coming right now?"

Alphys shook her head. "N-no, I don't think we'll see him--"

Just as she said that, a black haired human crashed through the wall and cut her off. "Alphys, I--" He stopped as he saw us, a smirk on his face. "Ah, hello, darlings. Two monsters?"

"Figures," I muttered under my breath. "I'm
not scared of you," I told him calmly, crossing my arms. "Gimme what you got."

Meh, you guys know that the quiz thing happens here so time skip

Alphys had been updating her status way too much. She updated our phones, so now I could text. Seeing as not many humans were attacking us, I had it out, texting Sans while Frisk was my "eyes" so I didn't trip over anything, which was a little ironic because their eyes were constantly closed. Well, that's how it appeared. Really, they saw much more than anyone else.

Sansational💙Punmaster: hey, hey. knock knock

Me: Pfft. Who's there, braniac?

Sansational💙Punmaster: jamaican

Me: Lol, Jamaican who

Sansational💙Punmaster: jamaican me crazy

Me: Omg 😂

Me: That one was awful

Sansational💙Punmaster: i know 😉

Frisk held their arm in front of me, gazing at me (eyes still shut). "Stop, there's an obstacle here."

I nodded, texting Sans that I had to go. I wasn't looking forward to the rest of Hotland. My skull was already sweating somehow.

My phone kept buzzing, so I was nervous that it was still Sans but decided that it was definitely Alphys. Frisk's phone in their back pocket was doing the same.

Alphys seemed cool, but she was clearly a lesbian.

(A/N: I'm sorry again, but I'm really grateful for all of the reads and votes. You guys make me so happy. Unfortunately I am going on hiatus for four weeks, because we are having an exchange student from Japan. I'll see y'all after she leaves! Btw thank you so so much for 3.5K!)