~{ Chapter 7 }~

(A/N: Only play music when I say so!)

Your POV

"Let us go, please!" I held my hands out, trying to convince Papyrus that it was unnecessary to capture us.

He hesitated, but shook his head with a sigh. "I AM SORRY, MONSTERS. BUT I'VE MADE UP MY MIND! POPULARITY IS SUDDENLY WITHIN REACH!" Papyrus grinned hugely, setting a fist on his hip with his tattered scarf flowing behind him.

Soon it was inevitable as our upside-down monster SOULs left our chests.

Papyrus held his right hand behind his back and pulled a jagged bone out of his back pocket. "PREPARE TO BE CAPTURED BY THE GREAT PAPYRUS, MONSTERS!"

(A/N: Okay, now play it!)

I gulped, taking Frisk's hand. It was their turn first, like in every fight.

"Hey, have I ever told you how hot you are?" Frisk flirted, fanning their face dramatically.

I raised an eyebrow at my sibling, questioning their first move.

Papyrus's face erupted into a dark shade of orange-red. "F-FLIRTING?" he stammered, his voice leaking with confusion and shock. "YOU SHOULD KNOW, MONSTER, THAT I AM A HUMAN WITH VERY HIGH STANDARDS."

"Ha, please. I can make spaghetti!" Frisk chirped, leaning on one leg.

"OH NO! YOU'RE MEETING ALL OF MY STANDARDS!" Papyrus shouted in panic, making me giggle. "I GUESS THIS MEANS I HAVE TO GO ON A DATE WITH YOU? L-LET'S DATE LATER! AFTER I CAPTURE YOU!"

"Are you kidding, Frisk?" I hissed in their ear, holding in a giggle.

"What? Is it so wrong that I take interest in older men?" they responded in a sassy tone, probably joking.

I chuckled quietly. Now it was my turn.

"We won't fight, Paps," I told him, holding out my bony hands and giving him MERCY.

"SO, YOU WON'T FIGHT...." he muttered, tapping his chin. "THEN PREPARE FOR MY FAMOUS BLUE ATTACK!"

Blue.... blue attack, where did I hear that before?

Oh, right! Blue stop signs!

I froze in place, and Frisk soon caught on. Papyrus's bone weapon turned blue and he tried to slice through us, but failed.

How did that even work?

Oh, wait.

Magic.

Humans had magic, right? Wait, no, only some did. Papyrus was probably one of them.

He kept slicing, but the weapon never hurt us.

I released a breath I didn't know I was holding as he finally stopped.

But suddenly, the SOULs of Frisk and I turned deep blue, earning a gasp from us as they fell to the ground.

Oh, this finally got interesting.

~¤ After the battle because I'm lazy ¤~

I jumped over Papyrus's 'normal' attack and huffed, setting my hands on my knees while about to collapse. Frisk seemed just as tired.

Yet, so was Papyrus.

He ran a hand through his hair, sighing. "OH, I CANNOT EVEN CAPTURE SOMEONE AS WEAK AS YOU TWO... THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG."

"Papyrus, you're still great!" Frisk insisted, holding out their hands.

"TRUE, BUT I WON'T BE AS POPULAR.... MY FRIEND QUANTITY WILL REMAIN STAGNANT," he pointed out, wiping the sweat off of his forehead with his red gloves.

"We'll be your friends!" I suggested, setting my hands on my hips.

"WOWIE! REALLY, MONSTER?" Papyrus squealed. "WE HAVEN'T EVEN GONE ON OUR FIRST DATE, AND I HAVE ALREADY MANAGED TO HIT THE FRIEND ZONE!"

I sucked in a breath, not having the heart to tell him that that wasn't how it worked.

Our SOULs were sucked back into our chests showing that we successfully killed him with kindness.

Yay, new friendships!