Chapter 22

"Ellie! What a coincidence! I was just asking this fine gentleman about your whereabouts!" He grinned, before going serious and turning, knocking Garry out before tying him up to one of his chairs he kept in his hut.

"Kenneth? Is he-?" I began but was too scared to ask if he was okay or not. I didn't want to find out the worst.

"Kenny is fine, actually with a group of guys we recruited, and they're in the mansion trying to find you like I was while also killing as many of those sons of bitches for taking you." he explained as he finished tying Garry up. I wasn't going to vouch for Garry, he'd tried feeling me up on more than one occasion but with the threat I promised of how the Boss wouldn't be happy with him kept him from trying anything with me.

Adrian gently took hold of my upper arm and pulled me out of the hut. He lifted his left wrist where a weird looking watch sat and pressed a button before talking into it, "Ken, I got Ellie, we're leaving the premises now." he spoke curtly before making sure it was safe and then he turned to me. "We need to be quick and quiet. Kenneth hasn't set off any alarms yet, so-" and just then a loud ringing was heard before loud gunshots rang out from the area. "Never mind, he just set off some alarms." he sighed, shaking his head before turning to me. "We need to run." and then he was dragging me behind him as we bolted through the trees surrounding the Boss's mansion. 

We were running, and not long after, we came to a stop, me panting and trying to catch my breath while Adrian looked unfazed by the exercise. I used to run, but since meeting Kenneth I haven't worked out the way I used to and was feeling that now. Adrian looked like he was listening for something, but didn't hear it. He broke out into a grin and looked ready to say something when gun shots sounded and we were ducking for cover. 

"Shit!" Adrian shouted, pulling me behind a tree for cover. "I thought they didn't see us leave." he explained, peeking from behind the tree, but diving back for cover as bullets flew in his direction. "Dammit! There's too many of them." he ran a hand through his hair as he began trying to think of a plan. 

"Adrian." Kenneth's voice sounded from his watch. "Adrian come in. Where are you? We need to leave, now!" Kenneth called, and Adrian rushed to cover his watch to muffle the sound as more bullets flew at the tree we were using for protection. 

I began shaking, both from the cold and from fear of being shot or of Adrian being shot. He must have noticed because he took my hand in his and offered me a reassuring smile. "We're going to be fine." he assured me. "You're going to be fine." and the subtle change from both of us being fine to just me being fine didn't help my panicking. 

"We were followed and are cornered behind a tree with about 5 trigger-happy guys aiming their guns at us. Any movement from us and they send bullets flying." he whispered softly into the watch and waited for a reply. 

"Send your location. We're headed towards you." Kenneth replied softly back, to help keep us safe. "Keep Ellie safe, please." he sounded scared when he begged this. 

"With my life." Adrian swore before pressing a different button, that I assumed sent Kenneth and the rest of the guys our location. I didn't like his promise though, I didn't want anyone dying for me. 

"Please don't die for me." I begged him, tears forming at the thought of losing Adrian. 

He didn't reply, just smiled, and we sat still, listening to the guys with guns try to move closer, but it wasn't long before more gunshots range out, this time coming from in front of us and aiming at the guys behind us. I looked up and saw Kenneth coming forward from the forest with about 10 other guys, all aiming their guns at the guys behind us. Kenneth looked pissed and fierce as he shot the guys, before dropping his gun to come to me. He knelt before me, cupping my face as he peppered kisses all over my face, before hugging me close.