Chapter 16

*3 months later*

"Jasper!" I called from the kitchen. as I stared in horror at the ice box.

A sleepy Jasper trudged into the room yawning. "Yes, my very loud flatmate?" he asked.

When I turned and glared at him. "Where are my chocolate chip waffles?"

At this, a Cheshire grin appeared on his face and I instantly knew he was guilty.

"Oh those were just cracking!" he smirked.

"Arsehole." I muttered knowing it was useless to even consider yelling at him.

Jasper sighed. "You're pissed off aren't you?" he asked.

I shook my head. Jasper may have eaten my favorite breakfast food, but once I opened up and told him what led me here, he comforted me, called Kenneth all these hilarious British slang names (and even some American explicits as well). He helped me feel more at home here than I did back with my family.

Jasper appeared beside me and threw his arms around me. "One of those days?" he asked.

In return I gave him a solemn nod, hugging him back.

I was about to explain my thoughts that have been running a muck in my brain, but didn't get to because someone knocked loudly on our door.

Curiously, we moved towards the entry way and I stood a few paces back as Jasper opened the door. "Can I help you?" Jasper asked politely.

"Does an Ellie Fells live here?" I heard an all too familiar voice ask the same question that he asked when he first spoke to me.

Jasper looked back at me for permission to tell him, but his hesitation was all it took before Jasper was shoved out if the way and in waltzed Kenneth.

"Bloody hell! What makes you think you have the right to stroll on into my flat uninvited?!" Jasper shouted, beyond pissed at being man-handled in bis own "flat" as he calls it.

"Ellie I've been-" Kenneth began but I cut him off by slapping his cheek herd when he was close enough.

"Get out." I glared.

This seemed to wound Kenneth based on his reaction. "But Ellie-"

"I don't want to even look at you Kenneth!"

At this, he gave me his own glare. "Well, that's just going to suck for you isn't it?! Because I'm not going anywhere without you." he hostilely snapped."I have searched all of England for you and have begged your father for information of where you have been for these past 3 months? I have not once given up hope on you. And Ellie, I don't give a rat's ass if you believe me when I say that I am madly in love with you because I know it's true and that's all that matters."

He would have continued but there was clapping, interrupting his speech. 

The clapping was from Jasper who was wiping tears from her eyes

"Bloody hell that was beautiful." Jasper exclaimed, wiping more tears from his eyes and making me laugh. "So this is the famous Kenneth who tore your little heart to shreds and ran over it with a bulldozer and burned it to a crisp before dancing all over it with that tramp he left you for but returned when he saw how upset you were due to pity?" After his first descriptions of how heartbroken I was, I was gesturing for him to stop, but he ignored me, stepping around me and towards Kenneth in a threatening way.

Kenneth looked like he was punched. Looking down to me, I avoided eye contact with him and slipped out of his grasp, walking to the kitchen. "I'm going to go make some tea while you two get to know each other. Kenneth, Jasper. Jasper, Kenneth. Great, bye." I muttered at random and escaped into the kitchen avoiding any part of their conversation, most likely if what Jasper said was true, which it was.