Chapter 2

I woke up to my phone going off from my mom's text ringtone. "Oh, oh Hello!" A minion's voice sang. I picked up the phone groggily and saw the message.

'Dad and I left for our vacation an hour ago, wake up and feed the dogs. We'll be home tomorrow at noon. Luv you' read the message.

I replied with a luv you back before going through my normal morning routines. Once done and in comfortable 'around-the-house' clothes (shorts, "The Crow" t-shirt from dad, and mix matched socks) on and a really unintentional messy bun plopped on top my head, I fed the dogs and made myself a bowl of cereal.

I sat in the living room as I went onto Netflix and clicked on Supernatural, watching my favorite episode "Yellow Fever" as I ate my breakfast.

It was at the part when Dean screamed after he and Sam found the cat in the locker, and I was laughing my butt off, when someone knocked on the door. I set my bowl down on the coffee table and paused the episode.

We didn't have a peephole, so I simply opened the door enough for me to see out at the person but not enough for them to get a full view of our house.

On the porch stood a handsome guy around my age, with black hair, tanned skin, and a muscular build. He was wearing a black t-shirt, blue jeans, work boots, and slightly shaggy hair styled messily. "Can I help you?" I asked politely.

"Yes, would you happen to be Ellie Fells?" He asked in a masculine voice, that had my dad not taught me well, probably would have swooned at. But I was my father's daughter, so it didn't work that easily on me.

"Who wants to know who that is?" I asked, trying not to make it obvious I was who he was looking for. I'd seen enough action movies to just tell him who I was.

"Her fiancé." he smirked down at me with a knowing glint in his blue eyes.

"She doesn't have a fiancé, she isn't even old enough to be proposed to, dimwit." I snapped, crossing my arms.

"So you know her?" He asked, amusement in his entire attitude, face, and tone of voice.

"Of course." I laughed.

"I know you're Ellie, so if you could please let me in, I'd like to explain some things to you." he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

Carly came down the hall and into the living room where the door way was. "Ellie, you ok?" She asked.

"You must be Carly, I'm Kenneth." he greeted.

Carly all but pulled the door open. "Ellie, why would you keep him outside?!" She shouted at me, then turned back to Kenneth. "Please, come in."

He gave a smile and entered, taking in our house. "Thank you, Carly." he turned to the tv and gave it an odd look, it was paused on Dean's face as he screamed, which had a stranger not just been invited in, I would have died of laughter from. Yup, Vampire Diaries fan as well, and was kind of paranoid he could be a vampire that was just invited into our house and could now enter at any time.

"What were you watching?" He asked, a slight laugh in his voice.

"Supernatural." I answered, glaring this Kenneth dude down, trying to figure out if he's a vampire or not.

"You watch that ... horrid excuse of a tv series?" He asked, disgust clear as day in his voice.

I pointed to the door. "Out." no one disrespects my passions in my presence.

"Excuse me?" He asked, shocked and slightly angered.

"Ellie-" Carly tried, but she knew it was too late.