Chapter Forty Five - Best Laid Plans

Emma

The Sophia plan worked perfectly.

Emma couldn't be more pleased. With Sophia joining them, the girls were relaxed and had more room to have fun. It wasn't so much of a royal event for them as it was a casual day out, and with someone the girls themselves considered a celebrity, the focus was shifted. Instead of thinking about their own spectacle and how that was affecting everyone, they were thinking about the spectacle of two old Ravens co-stars reuniting. All the while the schoolkids that were there were getting to see all of them, so it was a win-win for everyone.

After the dressing room they were lead to their seats in a private box, bubbling with excitement. The girls were on a high and were acting like they were about to see the newest Disney flick. They really didn't seem to care about the hundreds of eyes that were watching them, or the press pack that was following their every move.

The rest of the crowd took their seats, the faces of school kids, parents and teachers all looking towards the stage as the first performance started. Electro dance music filled the room as the organisers announced that the Roehampton Rascals were about to take the stage. A small group in the audience cheered and whistled while the rest of the room calmly applauded.

The cheerleaders streamed onto the stage, with their hair in ribbons and glitter on their cheeks. Their uniform was red and gold, the usual skirt and halter top combo. Watching them was like being back on set almost twenty years ago, when she was filming cheer competitions and basketball matches.

"The pyramid was always the worst." Sophia was explaining to Ellie and Alex as the Rascals went through their routine. "Your Aunt was always on the middle row because of her biceps and supportive personality."

"Were you cheerleaders when you were in school?" Ellie asked them.

"We both were, I think?" Sophia looked at her questioningly.

Emma simply nodded. "Yep." It was only for her junior year before she moved schools.

Sophia continued. "I only did it briefly though. I played soccer, your Aunt played lacrosse."

"You think they have cheerleaders at Marlborough?" Ellie asked, clearly interested.

"I really don't know sweetheart." Emma shrugged. "Maybe you could ask the Marlborough girls that are up next."

"Maybe I will." Her niece turned to Alex and started mumbling about going to school in the U.S.

"If they don't, they certainly have an awesome theatre department." Sophia remarked as the next group from Marlborough College took to the stage decked out like high schoolers.

"High School Musical? They do that still?" That film is older than my career.

"It's always been a popular plot for school productions." Sophia told her.

"And it's the best film." Alex added.

Out of the corner of her eye Emma spotted someone sitting down behind her and lean forward. "Well I guess I know what I'm getting you for your next birthday Alex."

"Harry?" She turned in her seat and crossed her arms over her lap, genuinely surprised.

"Uncle Harry!"

"What are you doing here? I thought you were busy today?" Emma asked.

He put his hand on the top of her seat and just smiled at her. "You think I'd miss your first big business venture?"