열하나

11

Don't Turn Your Back

...

This morning the winter air was so biting, I decided to wear two shirts under my jumper along with my coat and scarf. 

I stepped out into the icy street hoping that I didn't look like a weird, plushy Michelin man. Slipping my gloves on, I started trudging down the street quickly, needing to reach the bus stop ASAP. 

The wind always close behind, blowing without mercy, making my face feel painfully stiff.

------------------------------------

Once I reached work I was sure that my nose was going to fall off. I sighed as I sat down on my chair, the warmth of the room soothing me as I feel my cheeks heat up from the warm blood rushing back into them.

Ten minutes later I still haven't taken off my coat, for fear that The Cold will return. 

Jinseo walks in looking much like me, layers upon layers adorning her body, she holds her bright red face between gloved hands.

"You look like a tomato."

She shoots me a death stare, "... you look like Rudolph."

"..."

"..."

We start laughing, shoulders shaking as the borderline hysteria shows. Our bodies, thankfully, start to warm up.

Our laughter subsides as we turn to our desks, that is until Kiah walks into the room. She wears a large white padded coat that makes her actually look like the Michelin man. A tiny, cute version.

We watch in silence as she sits down. When she does we see that her cheeks are wet, tears still rolling down, lips trembling from the cold. And she too, looks like a tomato.

"Aigo [omg] it's so cold..." She breaths out the sentence before looking up and us. Our lips pressed together from trying not to burst into hysteria again.

She sniffles, "Ya [hey]! The wind blowing into my eyes makes me cry!"

We burst out laughing at how ridiculous she looks, and I have to lean back in my chair to allow the air to enter my lungs again. By the end, all three of us are crying.

A minute later,  I look over Jinseo's shoulder and see Jungwoo. He looks to the ground with a grin on his face as he walks over to Mr Jang. We really must've looked ridiculous.