하나

1

Stepping In

...

Look at all these people. Bustling through the terminal, suitcases gliding across the sleek tiled floor, children hurriedly following their parents or parents hurriedly chasing their children.

Some sleep on the rows of chairs, some exclude reality with their laptops and phones. A tune plays before every announcement that comes, flights for everyone to everywhere.

Everything is so loud and yet I hear none of it. People are either going on holiday, going back home, coming for a holiday, or coming back home. 

Home.

Why can't I relate to that word anymore?

When I first moved here, London was an escape from the confines of the countryside in which I grew up, an outlet for me to grow in any which direction I pleased. The university years flew past faster than any of these planes can dare to go, the promise of those years being the best proved to be somewhat true, especially if I compare myself now to then.

The last eight years have been a haze, I kept running at a steady pace, not bothering to stop and look around until I was suddenly forced to, and it's changed my life forever.

The announcement I have been silently dreading finally blares through the speakers. I stand slowly, a stark contrast to how my heart hammers in my chest, and with my suitcase in hand, walk in the direction of my new life. Away from my metropolis.

London, with all its nine million people, it's one thousand five hundred square miles, seemed like the easel to my blank canvas all those years ago. I felt like a integral part of it. 

Ironically, looking back now, not much has changed in terms of the city, whereas everything is changing for me.

Flight BA017 to Seoul (ICN): Boarding

-------------------------------------------

A/N: 

Hi everyone! 

This is my first attempt at writing a story, I rly hope you enjoy it, and I've got LOADS in store for these new characters of mine heheh.... 

Okkkkk Sabi out xxxx