Chapter 54

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude.

- Denis Waitley.

Giara's POV.

Why does it hurts so much? Do I really like him that much? I stared at them from few feet away. He was hugging her tight as she cried on his chest. I do. I fucking do. Oh god! No I shouldn't. Giara turn around right now and run! I screamed at myself but my feet were stuck.

"Rachel calm down. Stop crying." He said stroking her head. "Rachel listen to me. You are not alone. I am here with you." Why am I still standing here? I need to go. Stupid feet move. I turned around and was about to walk off.

"Rachel please stop- Giara?" I stopped. Shit! I slowly turned, avoiding looking at them. My heart was beating so fast.

"I- you weren't back so I came to search for you. I'll just go back." I muttered turning around.

"Giara wait! This is-"

"Jay, thank you and I am sorry for everything." I heard Rachel and then she ran past me.

"Rachel wait! Shit! What the hell is happening!" Jay groaned in anger. "Giara, it's not what it-"

"We must go. Others are waiting for us." I said walking towards the cafeteria.

"No. Giara wait. I swear there's nothing going on between us. Rachel just-"

"Jay you don't need explain anything to me. It doesn't matter. So let's go, I am hungry." I said continuing walking.

"But-" I cut him off again.

"Seriously Jay you don't need to explain." I spoke sighing.

"Where the hell you guys are doing?" Marcus asked as he stood few meters away from us with his hands crossed.

"Well this brat took his sweet time to pee." I uttered rolling my eyes and quickly walked towards him. "I am so hungry. Let's go you brat." I shouted as I pulled Marcus with me.

"Whoa, slow down pretty lady." Marcus said as he stumbled.

"Sorry." I apologised sheepishly grinning at him. I quickly went towards the lunch lady and took my lunch tray. Jay slowly followed behind me. Marcus had already went to our seats waiting for us to arrive with Rina and others. "Hey guys!" I greeted as I took a seat between Marcus and Alex. Jay, Rina and Paul were sitting in front of us.

"You seem happy and nervous." Rina said looking at me.

"What? M-me? No, no." I stuttered shaking my head. I took water bottle to drink and calm myself down.

"I don't know. You look overly excited or maybe you are acting like it to avoid talking about something." Rina said as she narrowed her eyes at me. My eyes widen. How does she? It's my annoying habit. When I had a crush on Jax I started doing it. I used to get nervous around him and used to act as overly excited. I looked up to see her staring at me. I quickly opened the cap of water bottle and took sip.

"What are you talking about? It's not like that. I am acting normal." I explain lifting the bottle again to drink again. Marcus shifted closer to me as if he wanted to say something. So I leaned towards him giving him my ear and continued drinking water.

"Did you and Jay kissed or something?" I choked on water. Almost spitting it out on Paul.

"W-what th-e hell Marcu-us?" I coughed and lightly banging my fist on my chest. As water went down the wrong pipe. Marcus was rubbing my back and laughing.

"Mark what did you do?!" Jay scolded and kicked, well I guess he wanted to kick Marcus's legs but somehow he kicked mine.

"Ow!" I shouted pulling my leg up in pain but it banged on the table. "Ow! Ow!" What's happening with me!?

"Oh fuck! I am sorry Giara. I didn't mean to kick you. I wanted to kick this ass." Jay apologised and smacked Marcus head leaning over from the other side.

"Ouch!" Marcus laughed. He had tears running down his cheeks. "Oh my god! This day is my favourite so far!" He laughed banging his fist on the table. I was frustrated. I am sure my face was tomato red.

"Stop laughing Marcus!" I was so frustrated that I punched him, well I wanted to punch him on his thigh but he shifted and I accidentally slammed my fist on his nuts.

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT! MY BABY MAKER!" He screamed in pain crouching down holding his groin. I know I should feel sorry but somewhere he deserved this.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR LAUGHING AT ME!" I shouted at him still holding my poor leg.

"I guess it's not your favourite day anymore Mark." Rina laughed. Everyone were laughing at us. Even Paul cracked a grin.

"Here, take this." Jay said handing me the ice pack. I shook my head no.

"I'm fine." I said and pointing my head towards Marcus. "He needs it more."

"Damn right I need it more!! What is your hand made of rock? Iron?!" He shouted. I was about to retort back but Jay pressed the ice pack on his groin. "HOLY FUCK! JAYYY!!" He shouted making everyone giggled. I could hear everyone snickering at Marcus well even I was to. I did felt bad, I even suggested going to nurse but he said he couldn't even walk due to the pain. I am sure I didn't hit him hard. "Stop laughing! You did this to me!" He said pointing his fore finger at me. Then he look down to his groin. "I think he's broken. I can't feel him. Jay I can't feel him! Touch him and tell me he is okay!" Marcus shouted as he pulled Jay's hand.

"W-what is wrong with you dude?! You can't tell me to touch y-your.. thing!" Jay shrieked pulling his hand and stepping back.

"I can't feel him! I can't feel him!" Marcus cried.

"I told you we should go to nurse." I mumbled looking at my hands.

"You shut up!" I clammed my mouth shut when he glared at me. "I can't walk. It hurts."

"We can carry you there." I whispered slowly not wanting to be shouted at again.

"Yeah. We can carry you there." Jay said. "Alex give me a hand. I don't think I can carry this fat ass by myself." Alex nodded and walked towards Marcus.

"My ass is not fat! It's thick!" Marcus complained.

"Stop shouting you are going to bust our ears." Alex groaned pushing Marcus's face away. Then he put one arm around Marcus's waist and other under his knees, Jay did the same. "You ready Jay. One, two and three!" They both lifted him up and carried him to the nurse's office.

"Here let me give you a hand." Rina said.

"No. I am fine." I said and stood up but I felt a sharp pain as I stood up making me collapse on the bench.

"Giara!" Rina shouted as she quickly rushed towards me. "You okay?" She asked as she kneeled down in front of me.

"I think I definitely need your hand." I grinned through the pain.

"Idiot." She chuckled and look towards Paul. Paul nodded came towards me. He put my arm around his neck while his went around my waist and knees.

"What are you doing?" I asked looking at him but he just ignored and picked me up. "Whoa! Stop I can still use my one leg! I just need to some support. Rina!" I shouted but they just ignored me. "I don't like it! Put me down!" I struggled in his arms. But he just tightened his grip.

"Giara calm down. I don't think you are capable of walking right now. It's better this way." Rina said walking ahead of us. Everyone in cafeteria were looking us. I quickly lower my head.

"It's embarrassing Rina!" I whispered shouted.

"What? Being carried like that? I would love it if someone will carry me like that, like a princess." She said in dazed voice.

"Well then get in his arms and get me down. He will surely carry you like that, like a princess. Right Paul?" I said sarcastically and that brute dumbly nodded then he realised what he did. Scarlet red spread through his cheeks. I chuckled patting his chest, he blushed even harder. "Awww he's so cute." I cooed pinching his red cheeks.

Someone cleared its throat. I turned towards the voice to see Jay staring at us with his eyes narrowed. He was fuming red. I didn't even know that we had reached the office.

"Umm hi?" I said give him a little wave.

"Why he is carrying her?" He spat.

"Because she can't walk too. Maybe she hit her leg too hard." Rina answered. "Why are you both outside?" She asked.

"Nurse is checking him so she told us to wait outside." Alex answered shrugging.

"You could've called me. Why he has to carry her?" Jay scowled, his eyes never left us. Both Paul and I were feeling uncomfortable under his eye.

"But you already were carrying Mark." Rina answered.

"Paul you can put me down now." I whispered, he nodded and was about to put me down but Rina shook her head at him. He stopped. I glared at her but she gave me her evil smile and winked at me. "Paul put me down!" I gritted through my teeth.

"I'll carry her." Jay said and walked towards us. I widen my eyes.

"No!" I shouted and pushed myself down. Paul stumbled and removed his arm from under my knees putting me down. I landed on my feet. But my injured leg couldn't take the pressure and I collapsed again.

"Fuck!" I cursed as my butt graced the ground.

"Giara!" Jay shouted.

"Jesus Giara!" Rina scolded. "Why are you so stubborn?" Everyone looked at me in concern.

"I am fine guys." I lied through my teeth holding my knee.

"No you are not." Jay narrowed his eyes at me.

"What's happening here?" We turned towards the voice. A young lady was standing there wearing a white coat.

"Nurse, she hit her leg hard and can't walk." Rina explained.

"Okay. Bring her in." Nurse nodded and walked inside opening the door wide. Before I could even react I was in Jay's arms. I flushed, I can feel the heat rushing through my cheeks as he carried me inside. He laid me on bed as nurse came towards me to check my leg.

"Which one?" I pointed towards my right leg. "Okay." She nodded and pressed above my right knee. I clenched my fist as I felt the sharp pain go through my leg. "Hmmm. Change into these shorts." She had handing them to me. I nodded and shifted to the edge of the bed. Rina rushed towards me. I circled my arm around her shoulder leaning on her and limped towards the bathroom.

"What happened to you?" Marcus asked as he walked out from the bathroom holding a ice pack between his legs.

"Nothing." I said and limped towards the washroom with Rina. She made me lean against the basin and rushed to close the door. I unbuttoned my jeans and pulled them down to my thighs. "Just pulled them down." I said, she nodded and pulled them in one go.

"Ahh it looks bad Giara." She said and held the shorts wide open for me to put my legs in. I held her shoulder and put my legs in. She stood up and we made our way outside.

Marcus gasped over dramatically. I rolled my eyes.

"It's not that bad." I said as limped towards the bed.

"I can see seven different colours there Giara." Jay said.

"Let me check it." Nurse said as pressed around my knee. It hurt like a bitch. "Hmm. It's just bruised. Nothing broken." Everyone sighed in relief. "But it would best if you took some rest. Avoid putting pressure on it." She instructed as applied some cream on it. "And other friend too. But still you should get it check in hospital."

"Yes. And I am taking your first born if I can't reproduce Jay." Marcus stated.

"Why? Why mine? I didn't do anything!" Jay countered.

"Well your baby is Giara's baby. No difference." He simply shrugged causing everyone to burst into laughter. I threw that first thing that my hand could reach and that turned out to be cotton roll. "Seriously a cotton roll?"

"Shut up!" Everyone laughed as me and Jay flushed.

"Okay you guys leave. Bell is about to ring." Nurse informed. "I'll call their parents." Rina, Paul and Alex nodded, waving us bye they left.

"My parents are not here. I live with him." I said pointing towards Jay. I can't leave him here alone.

"Yeah me too." Marcus piped in.

"I am fine. I can limped around." I said.

"No." It was Jay. "I can take them home."

"Fine. I'll give you a leave note." With that she left.

"What are you? I can limped around." Jay mocked as he walked towards me, sat on the bed.

"Well I can't leave you alone here. I am supposed to protect you." I replied.

"Yeah like that." He rolled his eyes. I circled my arm around him chokehold him. "Ah!" I leaned down and whispered in his ear.

"Small bruise can't stop me from doing my job."

"And yet Paul had to carry you here in his arms." He retorted. I tighten my grip.

"Stop being jealous ass." I said.

"I was not jealous you were when you saw me hugging Rachel. You looked like you were about to cry." He teased.

"I was not!"

"What?!" We both turned towards who had just shrieked. "Why the hell were you with that bitch?! And that too hugging her!!" He glared at Jay. I released him my grip.

"Look, I can explain."

"Yes, there better be an explanation for that." Marcus huffed crossing his arms.

"I went to pee and when I was returning I met her. She started crying when she saw. I didn't know what to do-"

"So you hugged her!"

"No! I mean she hugged me. She started saying sorry for hurting me. She told me her father force her to be in relationship with me because it would benefit his business and all. She never wanted to as she loved Kyle but she had no choice. She apologised for her mistake. She was hurt when she came to know about Kyle cheating. She looked alone and broke so I comforted her." Jay explained.

"That's nice. You call the one who cares for you a bitch and then go hug the one who's a real bitch." Marcus spat.

"Marcus!" I warned.

"What Giara? I don't get him. Why he has to act like a naive boy? He's almost eighteen for god's sake. He should know who's taking advantage of him and who's not. We are not gonna be there for him every time."

"Then give him a chance to distinguish." I said. "Marcus he said she apologised nothing happened he just comforted her. You should believe him." I said looked at Jay who was staring at me.

"She looked sincere Mark. It's not like we are going be together or something. I forgive her for her mistakes. She was forced Mark I understand why she did that." Jay explained looking at Marcus.

"Okay. But I still don't agree with you meeting her but it's not like I can stop you. It's your choice." Marcus nodded. I smiled at him, he smiled back. He stood up and waddled towards us and sat beside me. He took my hand and put it around his neck.

"What are you doing Marcus?" I asked

"What? Jay looked comfortable when you held him. I want cuddles too." He replied cuddling under my arm. I tightened my grip and choking him.

"Ah! Ah! It hurts! This is no cuddles!!"

A/N:

A filler chapter. I hope you enjoyed reading it. Don't forget to leave your comments and votes. And do share this story with your pals.

Love,
Alba 💜

Love,Alba 💜