Chapter 40

Deja vu is when God thinks something is funny that he has to rewind it to show it to his friends.

Jay's POV.

"Thank you for this." She said and walked off. I didn't reply. I just sat there, numb not knowing what to do. Did that just happened or was I just hallucinating? I was numb, just sitting there on the floor of my bedroom, staring at nothing.

"Dude? Jay what happened?" Mark came in and sat beside me.

"Nothing." I replied.

"Look Jay, it's okay she's just upset. We'll talk to her later and apologize when she is cooled down, okay?" He said trying to console me.

"I'm just tired Mark, can we talk about this later? I am not in the mood right now." I said getting up from the floor.

"Jay--"

"Mark I just want to be left alone." I sighed and walked into the bathroom.

I stood in front of the basin and stared at myself in the mirror. Nothing. There was nothing, no emotions. I opened the tap and splash my face with cold water, wanting to get rid of numbness, the nothingness. I didn't like it at all. But no matter what I still felt it. I don't know what was worse. That she didn't care about my feelings or that all this time she was playing nice to us so we would cooperate with her. Just to think about it, she didn't care from the start!

I was stupid to not believe her when she first told me that she didn't care about anyone or anything but her job. I was stupid to think that she cared but didn't let it show. I was stupid to think that she was just a broken person who needed someone to love her.

But not anymore. I'm not stupid enough to not know when to stop. I, no we deserve better than a person who doesn't give a shit about us. We definitely don't need a person like that in our life. From now on I'll give her what she always wanted. Make her job easier so she'll leave soon, out of our life for good.

I walked back in my room, plopped down on the bed hoping to get good night's sleep. Snuggling into my blankets, I stared at the ceiling, thinking ahead. What is tomorrow holding onto for me? I felt like next morning is going to change everything, like going back to square one. With that thought I was lured into a dreamless sleep.

*Next Morning*

I was standing in front of the mirror again. Preparing myself to face her.

"Jay you are going to act professional. She is just your bodyguard, nothing more and nothing less." I said pointing to myself at mirror. "You are not going to speak to her unless it's needed. Just act professional." I said mentally patting myself for such a great pep talk. I was going to speak again but someone knock at the door.

"Come in, door is open!" I shouted fixing my clothes and then looked up to fix my hair just see her standing there with her hands behind her back, staring at me through the mirror with those big blue emotionless eyes. Suddenly I was into flashback, when for the first time she entered my room.

*Flashback*

That's it Jay. Just hope for the best. Live in the last moments of your life. This could be last day or hours of your life. Just​ hope not to die.

"Stand few more minutes there and the mirror might break."

"AHHHHHH!! FUCKING HELL!! WILL YOU STOP POPPING OUT OF NOWHERE?!?"

"No." She said casually walking in my room.

"How did you get in?"

"The door was open." She said in 'duh' tone.

"No it wasn't."

"Yes it was."

"No it--"

"Shut it." She hissed causing me to shut my mouth.

"Good. Hmmm some peace."

"What do you want?" I said glaring.

"And here he goes disturbing the peace by opening his gutter." She muttered more to herself.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned again.

"Well." She said sitting on bed with a bounce. "I'm here to offer you a deal."

"What?"

"You know a deal. Where a person exchange--"

"I know what a fucking deal is. What I meant to ask is what is this deal about?"

"All I'm asking you to, is shut your mouth and do what you are asked to, without any complains and whining."

"No--"

"In exchange I'll keep my mouth shut about yesterday." That made me stop from declining her offer. Hmmm. I think it's better to go mute than face dad's wrath.

"Okay. You have a deal."

"Good. Let's get going. Your father wants to see you."

*End of Flashback*

Clearing her throat she said, "Your father is asking for you."

"I'll be down in a minute."

She nodded and left the room. Deja vu. I thought chuckling. Atleast she knocked this time. With that I made my way downstairs. Let's see what my dear father wants from me now.

Dad was sitting at end of dining table with mom beside him. George was serving and she was nowhere in sight. Good.

"Good morning everyone." I greeted taking a seat.

"Good morning hun." Mom greeted back.

"Good morning son."

"Dad you wanted to talk?" I asked while silently thanking George for serving breakfast.

"Yes. There is this winter ball we are invited too." He said swallowing the food.

"And that concerns me because...?"

"Because I wanted to inform since you will be joining us there."

"Okay. But I don't have a date since I broke with Rachel." I replied stuffing my face with bacon.

"Well then find one because you are attending it no matter what."

"But--"

"Giara can be your date!" Mom suggested smiling at someone behind me.

"Date?" Great she's here.

"Yes. We are invited to a winter ball and Jay don't have a date. So you can be his date, right Blake?" Mom said grinning at both of us.

"Yeah that would be great. Being your date would be nice cover for her since she has to keep an eye on you. Makes her job easier." Dad said​ looking at us, basically telling us to agree and end this conversation.

"Well I wouldn't mind unless he does." She said, I didn't look up. I don't want to see her beautiful face.

"Jay seriously? Beautiful face? Remember she doesn't like you back!" My conscious said

"Okay fine. Not so ugly face. There happy now?" I scoffed.

"No I don't since it makes her job easier." I said emphasising on the 'makes her job easier'.

"Well that's done then. Now hurry up with your breakfast or you'll be late for school. Giara have you eaten?" Mom asked.

"Yes ma'am." She answered. "I'll be waiting outside." I saw her leaving from the corner of my eye.

"Did something happened yesterday?" Mom asked.

"No. Nothing happened." I answered munching on the last bacon strip. "Bye mom, dad." I kissed mom on cheek and quickly left before she starts interrogating me.

She was standing there near my car with her cellphone attached to her right ear. She seemed frustrated as she kept running her hand through her hair and sighed every second. I neared her.

"Ah! Finally!" She said. Someone must have said something nonsense since she rolled her eyes before speaking.

"Look I'm texting you a number. I want every detail of it. If possible, get me the last location of the number. Uh huh. Yes-" She noticed I was standing behind her so she unlocked the car motioning me to get inside. "I'll get back to you later." With that she hung up entered the car.

Journey to the school was silent. None of us uttered a single word until we reached the school. I was about to exit the car when she spoke.

"Jay!" She called. I stopped and slowly turned towards her.

"I--" I waited for her to speak, to say that she was sorry, to say that she didn't mean anything what she said last night.

"I wanted to know when is this ball that your parents were talking about this morning." Disappointment. That's what I felt.

"I don't--" I was going to say I don't know but my phone beeped.

Mom:

The ball is tomorrow.I have set up your meeting with Melissa in the evening. Don't forget to takeGiara with you since she'll be needing a dress too.

"Well, it's tomorrow and we are going for shopping in the evening for mysuit and your gown." I said making her groan.

"Is it necessary to wear a gown?"

"Yes, since it's a ball." She groaned again. "If that's all thenwe should get going then."

"Yes." She said and we exited the car walking into the school. Markcame running to us

"Morning pretty lady." She just nodded at him walking behind us."Still upset?" Mark whispered in my ear, motioning towards her.

"I need to go to restroom." I said walking off hoping Mark wouldfollow me.

"What happened?" Mark asked as soon as he entered the restroom.

"She got upset."

"Well i didn't know that." He said sarcastically. "Jay that'sobvious! I know that! What happened after you took her to your room?"

"I treated her hand. I was trying to explain her that it wasn't George'sfault. Then she asked me why I did it so I told her the real reason."

"You did?" He asked.

"Yes and then I blurted out that I like her."

"Yeah!! What did she say?" He asked grinning like a little kidgetting chocolate for his dinner.

"She said so."

"So?"

"Yes, so. She said so what if I like her. She doesn't care. She said she'snot here to cared about who likes her or not, she only cares about her job. Shealso said that she was friendly with us just so we would cooperate with her andmake her job easier."

"What?! No!"

"Yes Mark! All this time she was just faking."

"No Jay, she can't be. It's not possible."

"She was Mark. It was okay if she had just said that she didn't like meback but she indirectly said that our friendship or whatever we had was aburden that she was carrying on her shoulder to make her job easier."

"No. No. That's not true Jay. If our friendship was a burden to her as yousay then why would she take efforts to bring us together when we were fighting!It wasn't her job! Nor did it make her job easier!"

"Well, but it was definitely in her way. All this time Mark, all this timeshe was fooling. Can't you see? She is just like Rachel!"

"Oh please Jay! Rachel really now? Don't compare pretty lady with her. Youare just upset because she denied your feelings."

"No. I'm upset because she betrayed us Mark. Just like Rachel."

"Jay, no she has not. I'll speak to her."

"Do whatever you want. I don't care." I scoffed and left the restroomfuming.

A/N :

Surprise motherfuckers!!!!! And yeah I just updated!!! Wohhhooo!!! Don't get offended because I called you guys motherfuckers. It's just that I always wanted to say that. *Grins like moron*

Jay: You guys, ignore her she's high on tea.

Alba: No, I'm not!

Giara: Yes you are.

Alba: Marky!!

Marcus: Sweetsweets you are.

Alba: *pouts*

Jay: Well you guys don't worry about her. She'll be just fine. Just don't forget to vote, comment and share with you pals.

*Everyone waves*

Love,
Jay 💙

Love,Jay 💙