Chapter 18

My coach told me I run like a girl. I said he could too if he ran a little faster.

Giara's POV.

I was sitting on bleachers with my legs on the front seat, observing everyone around. Girls were roaming around in those tiny shorts, giggling among themselves. Boys messing, pushing each other. Is this how it is to be a normal teenager? Always having fun with friends, going out. Is this what their life is? They are so carefree. Unknown to what is going around.

"Okay come on guys gather around. We'll have a handball match." A strangely familiar voice shouted to make everyone stop with their mess and gather around him. "I need two teams guys!" He shouted. Boys started with their banter about who's gonna be captain. Girls started giggling again. What? Don't they know anything other than giggling? I thought rolling my eyes. These girls are stupid.

"So? Is it decided?" He asked again. Damn it, couldn't see his face with all girls surrounding him.

"Yes. Jay and Mark" Boys shouted.

"Ohh! Interesting best friends against each other." He said.

"Yeah get ready to lose Jay" Oh so great Marcus shouted and everyone cheered.

"Yeah, for that you need to first choose a team." Jay retorted, I am sure with rolling his eyes causing everyone to laugh.

"Okay enough. Start with choosing your team. Jay you got to choose first."

"Okay. I choose Alex."

"Oh yeah! I choose Ryder." He smugly said. They both were going back and forth choosing I just zoned out trying to remember where I heard the supposed coach's voice before.

"I choose pretty lady." I heard Marcus say which made me zone in to real world and look at Marcus who was giving me a excited smile. I just nodded standing up and dusting myself before heading towards the court.

"Teams are chosen. Marcus you get to choose which side. Attack or Defence?"

"Attack coach."

"Okay you get 5 minutes to set your players and game." With that seven of us were standing in a circle with Marcus leading us.

"Okay, Listen up! Only two of us will be the striker. Other four will be defenders. Ryder, James you guys will be in mid-court. Noah you'll be the goal keeper. Ethan and Harper you will not allow them to cross the nine meter line no matter what happens, and do not let them score any goal. And I and pretty lady will be the strikers.

"Are you sure, she knows how to play." I guess his name is Ryder, said eyeing me up and down.

"She does right pretty lady?" Marcus asked, I nodded in reply, narrowing my eyes at the girly scream boy.

"Good. So let's get in the position. And James do not I say do not get distracted by Isabella. Your girlfriend is evil when it comes to game."

"Not this time Mark." He said smirking at I suppose his girlfriend who cheekily winked at him.

Everyone were in their position. Marcus dribbling the ball in the center with me at his side, waiting for coach's signal. Bratty was smirking at Marcus.

"Mark, I thought you knew better than choosing she-man as a striker."

"Yo-" I open my mouth to give him piece of my mind but was stopped by Marcus holding up his hand.

"You talk about that when we win." With that coach blew the whistle, starting the game. Everyone was on Marcus tail leaving me open. Fools. I waved my hand for Marcus to pass the ball. I caught it without wasting any second I threw it towards the net scoring a goal.

"Woohoo!! Goal baby!" Marcus came shouting towards me with hand up in the air. I stared for a second and remembered bratty telling about hi-fi or something. I slapped my hand against his causing him grin wider.

"That was a lucky start." Bratty muttered passing by us.

"Okay, no matter what, we are winning this game." We were going back and forth. Now our scores were 6-5 with our team on lead. James was dribbling ball with Isabella trying to take it. Just like Marcus had warned Isabella went all touchy- touchy distracting him and losing the ball.

"Goal!

"And time's up! Penalty shots." Coach shouted but we were busy glaring at each other.

"Okay two players from each team gets to shoot."

"Come on pretty lady , we are winning this game ."

"Keep dreaming Mark. We will be winning this game in front of your eyes." Bratty said heading towards nine meter line for his penalty shot. Everyone had gathered around watching with great enthusiasm, cheering.

"Okay you ready Jay?"

"Yes."

"Go!" He pulled his hand back and threw ball which went directly into the net, missing goal keeper's hand.

"Goal!" He turned around dusting his hands, smiling smugly at me I just rolled my eyes, crossing my arms.

"Should I go or you're going?" Marcus asked.

"You go."

"Okay!" He went pumping up his arms and girls cheering. *cue to roll eyes*

"Goal!" It was his time to smile smugly at Bratty.

A boy who's name I don't know came forward talking the second penalty of their teams. He pulled his hand, used his all strength and released the ball which directly went into the goal keeper hands.

"Oww! You missed your chance Jay baby!" Marcus teased.

"Not yet Marky!" Bratty retorted back.

"Whatever."

I took the ball and walked towards the nine meter line. The goal keeper kept fidgeting. I looked around, each and every person was waiting to see if I score or not. Most of them were biting their nails. I turned my attention to goal keeper who was intently staring at me waiting for my next move. I turn my body towards left faking the throw and as I had thought he went towards right to block the attack leaving left corner open for me. A perfect goal. That was it, as soon as the ball went into the net. Everyone shouted, screamed and hooted in cheers. I turned around to see Marcus running towards me. I lifted my hand up for what they called hi-fi earning one from him.

"Ahh huh! Take that Jay!" He shouted pointing towards him, who was scowling at us.

"Yeah, yeah it was just a lucky shot." Before could I say that it was not, I was interrupted.

"I would never doubt that aim though Jay."

"Anthony?" I said and then corrected myself "I mean Coach." He smiled.

"Alright everybody. Hit the showers. Shoo, shoo." He shooed everyone.

"What are you doing here G?" He asked coming towards me. "Wait, never mind." He realised that I couldn't reveal my mission and corrected himself. "Ah! It's been while huh." He said pulling me in a bear hug. "It's good to see you after such a long time."

"Yeah it's been a while. Man we miss you so much." I said wrapping my arms around his waist.

"How is everything going huh?" He said pulling back.

"Same old, same old."

"Commander has his going on or..?"

"Yep, still fit and kicking asses, unfortunately."

"Man and here I thought he would retire."

"He would never do that."

"And what about you? How is everything going for you?"

"What do you think?" I asked spreading my arms.

"Same old, same old." He said mimicking me.

"And you? A sport coach? Really? I thought you were going do a 'manly job' huh?" I said teasing him about his job because when he left SAA he said he'll be a doing a manly job with his chest puffed out.

"What? It is a manly job. You don't know how difficult it can be to handle these kids."

"And you are doing a very good job at that."

"Thank you." He once again pulled in a hug. "I miss you guys."

"We do too."

A/N:

Longest chapter!! Thanks to my sister for helping me out. And thank you for reading. Please do vote, comment and share with your pals.

Love,
Alba 💜

Love,Alba 💜